~ 22 ~

¸„.-•~¹°"ˆ˜¨ Vessel'𝓈 𝒫𝑜𝓋 ¨˜ˆ"°¹~•-.„¸

I had made my way up to Sleep's temple just as he had asked of me that morning. He said he wanted to see me, to talk to me, to ask me a favour, probably. None the less of my suspicions, I entered the large, open area and made my way to the statue in the centre. It was a detailed and magnificent sculpture of an angel, one that held meaning that only Vessel and Sleep knew of.

Her name was Eden, and Sleep had fallen for the angel and made it his job to have her as his no matter the cost. But he wasn't exactly on the best page with God himself, as Sleep was a fallen Angel, an Angel of death, a reaper of some sorts. He didn't agree with Gods choices in some aspects, and he chose what he though was right over what God had ordered him to do. He had also failed a couple poeple as their gardian angel, giving him the name of the Angel of Death. This sent him to be cast out of heaven, cast to wonder around in the land noth8ng, baren plane of nothings as he wasn't sent to hell either. He was alone, and without much power.

Though when he saw Eden on the borders of Heaven he had found his new purpose, to claim her as his own. From then on he and Eden began to talk, and she had in turn fallen inlove with the Reaper as well. God had then decided to make a new plain, and made her the guardian that would protect it. He names ot the Garden of Eden, after her, the one who kept it peacful. She began to watch over the land and the first humans arrived shortly after.

They were named Adam and Eve. But Eden never left, she guarded and watched over the garden, infatuated with the people that were just created. Sleep grew angry at her and his frustration began to drown him.

He began to come to the godforsaken place to see Eden, and try and talk her out of standing a statue in the sacred land. God hated that he distracted her from her duties and that he had entered a land he wasn't welcome in.

So he gave the Angelic Eden a choice; Come back to heaven for good, have nothing to do with The Deathly entity ever again, or join him and be cast out and become one with the Fallen.

She chose to surve her Lord as her loyalty never wavered. Sleep grew infuriated with the choice and a fire that stirred deep inside was now blantenly visible as he began to lash out often, eventually ending up in him fighting his way to Eden to take the Angel he loved so viciously and taking her for good.

He trapped her in Eden, her own Garden, and put her into a eternal rest that set her stone, and only Sleep knew how to get her out and put her in this frozen state. She hadn't died, and she would watch everything that happened inside the temple, all that she could see and hear around her she was aware of. Life went on without her as her as a being was sent to Sleep, but her soul still lie a awake, unable to surcome to any form of death and to suffer her fait.

God decided that in order to not have any more harm done to others, he would give the Angel of Death Eden, the Garden she protected as a peace offering, and with that he earned the name Sleep, the diety as old as Eden itself that is capable of giving you an endless slumber of pain and misery that you may enter wake from.

When he was turned into Vessel by Sleep, Ty being his first as an experiment you may say, in order to give him the powers he wanted to he had to give him some of his own, and a piece of him to be inbeded into the weaker mortal soul, forcing him to become immortal, which Sleep was very satisfied with that outcome, that now Vessel would do what Sleep wanted, because now Vessel would act less like his human self and more like the diety that plagues him from the inside out.

He would now act like him in some cases; surges of Anger and a small fuse, and an almost unstoppable force of fury like an endless fire unable to be put out. Now beause Vessel had been human once, he shared two forms of himself, two souls that battled within and found peace with eachother in switching control of the body and hiding behind one an other.

Ty watches as Vessel takes control, hiding behind the mask he puts up to protect him from no human could ever battle alone. Though when he feels Vessel is out of control, he steps int he try and restrain him from causing any harm or destruction. Sometimes due to immensely vulnerability when it comes to emotions, and his ability to get lost in feelings, and easily get overwhelmed, as he doesn't quit know what to do with them or how to deal with the emotions that he hides behind the mask in order to turn himself numb from the tough feelings.

It was always easier that way, to hide and push back the feelings, to bottle up the emotions, until it gets too full then they start to seep out uncontrollably. Now that Wasn't easy to withstand. A pool of emotions that have been ignored and piled up until they are almost impossible for anyone to deal with, which is why Vessel being immortal is a help. Sleep would do the same things, though his way of dealing with he outbursts was the inflict his pain into others or blame someone else for them to carry his burdens for him, which is an unfortunate side affect that Vessel had to suffer as well. In order to stop from hurting others he would hide away, not only in the mask but in Eden.

Before it became well populated with the small village, the other Vessels, and the other creatures that lurked in the outskirts of the devine place, he would escape to Eden to release his pent-up fury. Now he would do the same, but now he hides fromthe others in a place he created himself in Eden that only he and Sleep know of.

No matter how much me may despise Sleep, they would always circle back to eachother. They were one connected by a force that they share. Their souls are merged together, as if 1 being were split into 2. Vessel couldn't survive with the diety. He wouldn't know what to do with himself, he has given so much if himself to this God that he would have an emptiness eat away at the husk of a man without his presence. He would have no life to live outside if the claws kf Death Sleep hook under skin. Same goes for Sleep. He wouldn't be able to get his words out to his followers, he would not have anyone to do his bidding, if Vessel were to die or dissapear, that's a part of Sleep that will go with him. they need one and other.

"Your loyalty never fails to amuse me, young Vessel" evertime I hear his voice, and even though this must me the millionth time I've heard it, I feel the rush of shivers plague my spine.

"I thought for sure you would have followed the divine new project I have contjoured instead of my will, but it seems I was mistaken" I let out an exasperated sigh and clenched my hands into fists.

Sleep had asked of me to get rid of my connection with Jade, he explained that hw 'feared it would come between me and my work', and 'distract her from her tasks that are to be handed to her in time'. In confused me, but also I feeled intreged. What plans has he made for her? And why her? Will he hurt her? Will I have to watch yet another love of mine perish before my eyes? Or will she become monster like I. Will she be forced to live a life as two? A like that anyway I would end if given the chance, though evertime i had the opertunity, I hesitated, there was just somthing that stopped me, told me no. Maybe I'll find out what that was one day.

"I'm sure you wish of me to explain what will happen to the girl, though you will find out in time. All you the knowledge you will need to know for the time being is that there are greater plans for her, some that include you, and others that don't. But trust me, young one, it will all make sense eventually"