Epilogue

October  31, 2017.

Epilogue - Emma

The scent of fresh baked cookies and apple cider filled the kitchen. There were at least a baker's dozen different varieties of cookies spread throughout the main rooms of the apartment. Halloween decorations were hung up everywhere. There was a full sized skeleton sitting in one of the living room chairs- he had been sitting there before tonight at least. They had to move him to prepare for all the people that would be coming over tonight for 'secret sessions' as Taylor had called it.

After lots of begging and ultimatums, to put it simply, Taylor had agreed to let her stay. They had agreed to pretend like they didn't know each other for the night, but Emma was still happy that she got to stay and hear all of the songs Taylor hadn't sung her yet. Until then she was going to bake until her fingers fell off.

People started to show up a little before six. Every so often someone would sit down next to her on the couch and then get up when they learned where the cookies were. One of them, a teenager that could very possibly be a younger version of Taylor, sat on the couch and let all her nerves and excitement out through one bouncing knee.

"Hi. I'm Eloise. I'm so excited to be here. Are you excited to be here? I've never done anything nearly like this. I can't believe it!" The blonde girl sitting next to Emma gushed about the whole experience. Emma couldn't blame her. She still felt the same way sometimes and she lived here.

"I am, yeah. I'm Emma. I've been such a fan since she started making music and I can't believe I'm actually going to meet her."

Eloise laughed. "Me either. Do you want a cookie? I can't believe I'm going to eat a cookie that Taylor Swift made."

"I've actually already had a few, thank you though. You should try the chai sugar cookies. They're so lovely." Emma pointed her in the direction of the cookies that Taylor did make and away from the ones that she made herself. She hadn't actually had a cookie per say, but she did eat at least a dozen cookies worth of dough while she was baking them.

When Eloise came back Taylor was almost ready to come into the living room. She knew because she was receiving updates via text every twenty seconds. "I know you said you've already had some, but I had to show you these cat cookies. Aren't they cute?"

Emma nodded and wanted to say thank you, but she didn't. As far as Eloise knew Taylor had made them. "They are. I think she's about to come in here. You ready? I don't know that I am."

Taylor walked in almost immediately after Emma had said that. If you couldn't see her you would still know the second she walked in because of the sudden incessant screaming. Eloise was among them. She had jumped up off the couch and pulled Emma with her. Emma stood on her toes to get a better view of Taylor who was standing at the front of the room wearing a sundress and her favorite guitar.

"How did you know that?" Eloise asked with a smile worth millions on her face.

"I'm a psychic." Truthfully Taylor had texted and said it would be less than a minute, but psychic sounded more realistic.

Taylor sat down on the chair in the front of the room and the mob of people surrounding her sat on the floor like they were baby ducklings and she was about to read them a bedtime story. She tuned the guitar for a moment before looking around the room and taking in all of the smiling faces. She stopped on Emma for a second but didn't let it linger long enough to be questioned. "This one is one of the first songs I wrote for the album, so I thought I'd play it first. It's called gorgeous."

This was one of the few songs Taylor had refused to play early for Emma. After the very first line Emma started laughing quietly, causing Eloise to look over at her confused. "I bet everyone loves your accent. I definitely do. Personally if I had your accent I would never shut up. I would just listen to myself say random words all day long."