Chapter 2

"Wait a minute." You said, pulling away from the hug, but your hands were still resting on his shoulders. "Let me ask you a question."

"As many questions as you want." He laughed softly.

"It's just that if you really are DarkSky, can you tell me something that only he would know?" You asked. "Not that I don't trust that you're not him, but I want to be completely sure that..."

"Okay, I understand." He assured you. "One time we were talking about relationships and I asked you a hypothetical question. You replied that you wouldn't date me because I'm too old for you."

Your mouth dropped open, both because that proved it was really him, and because he remembered you saying that.

"I'm sorry if I offended you." You said between nervous laughs.

"No, it didn't offend me." Floyd said, taking a second to look at you. He was so short that he looked up to look at your face. "You've grown up a lot, kid. You look pretty."

You were caught off guard, you weren't expecting him to say that. You felt like there were butterflies flying in your stomach. You had completely forgotten that he owed you a very well-given explanation.

"Thank you..." You thanked him for his compliment, when you suddenly remembered that he had to explain why he hadn't responded to your messages for days. "Hey, I guess now you can tell me why you disappeared out of nowhere."

"It's a long story." He replied, scratching the back of his head. "Wouldn't you like to sit down for a while so we can talk?"

You agreed and the two of you left the stage to sit down at an empty table.

"Awww I wanted to talk to her about our parents so bad." Viva lamented, seeing you come down from the stage with Floyd.

"Me too, sis." Poppy said, wrapping her arm around her shoulders. "But we still have time for that. Apparently those two have a lot to talk about too."

You two started talking, but soon were approached by one of the island's natives.

"Would the two little ones like to order something?" She asked, pointing her pen at a notebook.

"Oh, that's my sister-in-law, Brandi." Floyd introduced her to you.

"Hey, honey." She waved at you with a smile.

"Hi, it's so nice to meet..." You stopped suddenly, confused by what he said. "Wait, sister-in-law?"

"Yeah, my brother Bruce came here after the band broke up and they met." He explained.

"Oh I see." You said. "I'm sorry if I accidentally offended you..."

"It's nothing, honey, it's not the first time this has happened." She laughed. "So would you like any drinks?"

"A glass of juice please." You asked. "I got a little thirsty after I went on stage."

Floyd also ordered a glass of juice and she went, leaving the two of you alone again.

"I don't know if you've heard, but not long ago a couple of siblings were having a lot of success with their songs." He began.

You searched through your memory, until you remembered when your younger sister was listening to the songs of two singers called 'Velvet and Veneer'. You weren't the type of person to follow what everyone else listened to, so you wouldn't even hear about them if it weren't for Claire.

"... Velvet and Veneer?"

"Yes, them." Floyd replied.

"But what did they have to do with your disappearance?" You asked, becoming genuinely curious.

"Everything." He said. He was so happy to have found you, but suddenly the smile disappeared, giving way to an expression of sadness on his face. "They kidnapped me and put me in a diamond prison where they extracted my talent to mask the fact that they had none."

You gasped, covering your mouth with both hands. You knew exactly what happened to a troll when they extracted their talent.

Your heart ached as you thought of all the days that Floyd had suffered in that place, alone and fearing that one day he would end up dying.

You felt desperate just thinking that he could have died and the two of you would never meet like you were doing at that moment.

"This is horrible." You murmured, getting up from your chair and walked over to him, wrapping him in another hug. "I don't know what I would do if you ended up dying there."

He was surprised, but at the same time thrilled that you liked him so much.

"Do you really care about me like that?" He asked.

You pulled away from the hug and gently held his hands.

Brandi was heading towards your table to deliver your orders, but quickly backed away when she saw that the two of you were having a moment.

"Who's the one has been my biggest confidant in the last four years? Who's the one that makes me smile whenever I feel sad and listens to me whenever I need it?" You asked.

He smiled and looked away shyly. He was so cute it hurts.

"Would it be me?"

"You are very important to me, never forget that." You smiled.

The two of you looked at each other again. His look was so sweet.

"So are you two going to kiss while you're still young or act like the queen and her boyfriend?" Claire said as it appeared again out of her hair, which made your entire face turn red with embarrassment.

"Claire!" You scolded her.

"Just telling the truth." She said with a shrug.

"So this is the famous Claire?" He asked between giggles. "Nice to meet you, your sister spoke a lot about you."

"She talks about you a lot too, in fact, almost all the time." She said, making you feel even more embarrassed in front of him.