Chapter 10

After playing on the water slide, you had the idea of ​​climbing on one of the beach ball birds to see everything from above. Floyd was hesitant, afraid that the two of you might fall from above, but he accepted as soon as you insisted.

It was incredible to be able to see everything from a bird's eye view, when they saw everything from up there when they were flying, you would never forget that beautiful view.

As always happened, everything that was good was short-lived, the day was over and you had to go back to the hotel to pack your bags and leave the next day.

In order to spend as much time as possible with you before your return to the troll village, your boyfriend helped you with that.

"Do you think my brothers managed to do the shows without me this whole time?" He asked, as he folded one of the blouses you took and put it in the suitcase.

"Honestly, I don't think so, I think you have the most beautiful voice of them all." You replied, taking one of the glasses that were found in the trees on the island and keeping it with the other things to take as a souvenir.

"You're just saying that because I'm your boyfriend, aren't you?" He asked in an ironic tone of voice.

"No, of course not, I really..." You tried to clarify, but before you could do that, he started laughing.

"No need to explain, I'm just messing with you." He said between laughs.

You smiled and shook your head, feeling washed over with relief.

"Come here, you handsome fool." You reached out to him.

Floyd gave you his hand to take and you abruptly pulled him closer to yourself, making him fall on top of you.

"Oops." You said between laughs, but your laughs were muffled when he cupped your cheek and kissed your lips lovingly. 

You quickly closed your eyes and kissed him back, wrapping your arms around his bare torso in a hug.

Moments like those made you wonder if you really weren't ready to take the next step, you liked it so much when he kissed you and touched you, it made you feel happy and loved, but it also made you feel things you had never felt before.

You had wanted to ask him a question for a few days, but it took you a while to find the courage to ask.

"Love." You said.

"Yes?" He asked, before placing a tender kiss on your forehead.

You hesitated for a moment, but decided not to back down.

"Have you done this before?" You asked, from the expression on his face, you didn't need to specify what you meant for him to understand.

"What question is that now?" He asked between laughs.

"It's just curiosity." You clarified, also laughing. "If you don't want to answer me..."

"No, it's okay." He assured you. "Well, it was just a couple of times, with two people I met while doing shows. The first time we do something we never forget, but I barely remember what it was like the second time, I never 'did it' with someone I was in love with."

"I almost did once, with someone else I met online." You confessed, leaving him surprised.

It was impressive how you two had known each other for four years, but there were still things you didn't know about each other.

"But I gave up, I saw that I couldn't do something so intimate with someone I barely knew." You continued. "So I decided to wait until the right person came into my life."

"And that person would be me?" He asked, before tickling your tummy and making you laugh again.

"Only time will tell." You replied. "But I believe so, because I really want you to be, more than anything else in this world."

"I have no problem waiting to find out." He said, taking your hand and kissing it.

"Great." You smiled and snuggled into his body, when he lay down next to you. You had an amazing day, but you never wanted that night to end.

-------------------------------------

The next day, your parents decided to give him time to come and say goodbye to everyone who was going to stay on the island longer.

You wanted to prolong that time as long as you could, but you held back, not wanting your boyfriend to think you were a crazy obsessive who wanted to be with him all the time.

It still gave you the feeling of butterflies in your stomach to refer to him as your boyfriend.

"Will you call me as soon as you get to the troll village? So I know you got there safely?" He asked in a dismayed tone of voice.

The trip from Vacay Island to the troll village took a day, so you were likely to call him the next day.

"I will, don't worry." You assured him. "And will you remember to answer my calls whenever you're not busy with the band?"

"I'll do this." He said with a nod.

You brought your hand up to his face and brushed his bangs away from his left eye. His violet eyes were so beautiful.

"I know it's only a week, but I'm going to miss you so much." You said, looking at him tenderly.

"Me too..." He suddenly stopped talking when he heard the laments of his younger brother, who was also saying goodbye to his girlfriend.

"Do you promise that whenever you look at the star I named after you you will remember me?" Branch asked, as he hugged her as if he wasn't going to let go anymore.

"Yes!" Poppy replied, equally tearful. "Will you promise that when your hug bracelet tells you it's hug time that you will hug someone thinking of me?"

"Yes, I promise, my princess." He replied between sobs.

You knew they had never been apart for a whole week, and that was why they were like this, but it was a bit exaggerated.

"Do you promise we'll never be like this?" You asked Floyd.

"I promise." He nodded, wrapping his hand around your waist.

After finishing your own goodbye, the two of you watched as the others said their goodbyes. That's when you noticed Viva saying goodbye to Clay.

"It's going to be hard to organize things without you being there." She said with a smile.

"It'll only be for a week and I know you'll do well, after all I taught you everything I know." He replied, looking shy as if he were a teenager approaching his first crush.

"So you won't miss me? Not at all?" She asked, he hesitated to answer but admitted that he would miss her and her hyperactive behavior.

"Hey girls, it's time to go!" Peppy warned you once again, sticking his head out of the vehicle/animal's window.

"Well, it's time to go." She gave him a brief kiss on the cheek and headed to the bus with her suitcase.

Clay smiled and touched the place she kissed. You had never noticed how cute they were together.

"Hey JD, if you have any messages to give to someone in the village, I can send them for you..." You teased him, as if you were a sister.

"What is she talking about?" Bruce asked confused.

"Nothing, she's not talking about nothing at all!" He quickly clarified, looking very nervous.

Floyd laughed, being the only one to understand what you meant by that.

"I'll see you in a week." He said, before giving you a kiss on the lips. "I love you."

"I love you too." You said, slowly letting go of his hands and went to board the bus.

"Hey! Sit here!" Viva shouted, while pointing to the seat next to her.

You laughed and walked over to the seat, sitting next to her, while your sister waited for Poppy to sit next to her.

Despite everything, you were eager to return home and organize the move.