Chapter 23

A/N: Hey guys! I'm here at the beginning because I wanted to wish you all a belated happy new year, since I forgot to do that the day I posted chapter 22 😅 and I also wanted to thank you for almost 100,000k of views, like I never thought I'd made this far, thank you, I meam it. Anyway, stay with the chapter 💖

You spent the rest of the party in the company of your sisters, deciding that you would talk to your boyfriend when the two of you were alone.

At the end of the party, her parents got ready to go on their honeymoon, which would be on Vacay Island.

Although she was told that after the wedding her parents would go on a trip together for a week, Claire was hopeful that they would change their minds and take her with them.

"So I'm not going with you?" She asked, her little eyes filling with tears no matter how hard she was trying not to cry.

They felt their hearts ache as they saw their youngest daughter cry.

"No, no, my little princess, don't cry." Peppy tried to dry her tears.

"Don't be sad, my sweetheart." Her mother held her chin. "It'll only be for a week, before you know it, we'll be back."

"So I'm going to stay home alone?" She asked.

"Claire, we would never leave you alone." You said, resting your hands on her shoulders. "You will stay with us in our pod."

"You can help us buy things for the baby, what do you think about that?" Floyd said, which immediately made her excited.

"I can't wait!" She exclaimed happily, stretching her arms towards you.

You smiled and took her in your arms.

"Well, now that we're all settled, we can go, my dear." Peppy held Celine's hand.

You looked to the side when you felt something wrap around your waist, smiling when you saw it was your boyfriend hugging you.

"Be very happy." Branch said with a smile, interwining his hand with his girlfriend's.

"Honey, we already are." Celine responded with a smile, sitting next to her husband in the carriage.

"Bye lovebirds, have lots of fun!" Viva shouted, also hugging her boyfriend.

"We love you." You said, blowing them kisses.

"We love you too!" His mother said back, before the carriage finally left for Vacay Island.

You continued there, watching the two until the carriage disappeared over the horizon.

"What a shame I didn't arrive in time to see the wedding ceremony." Narciso commented, smiling at you. "They seem like a lovely couple, just like you two."

You were so happy with that compliment that you wanted to hug him, but luckily you managed to stop yourself.

"Thanks."

"Just telling the truth, cutie." He winked at you. "Well, I guess I'll be going, but it was good to see you again, Floyd."

"It was good to see you again too." Floyd said with a smile.

"Was a pleasure to meet you, mrs. Floyd." He said to you.

"I say the same." You laughed nervously, hoping he never knew you ever thought about wanting to strangle him.

Timeskip...

Claiming that she was already a big girl, Claire refused to sleep in the same room as Viva, Poppy and you and went to sleep in the guest room, which was fine, since you didn't want her to hear your conversation.

You watched your boyfriend as he covered your future baby with a blanket on the small makeshift bed you made until you guys got the crib from your mother's old house.

You smiled as he placed a tender kiss on the egg.

"I think it fell asleep." He said between chuckles, sitting next to you on the bed. "You know what? I think I'm sleeping more here than at my own house."

"I wouldn't mind at all if you moved here forever." You said, resting your head on his shoulder.

"One thing at a time, baby." He laughed.

You let out a long sigh, preparing to tell him what had been stuck in your throat since the afternoon of that day.

"Floyd."

"Yes?" He asked, wrapping his arm around your shoulders and hugging you.

"There's something I have to tell you."

"Well, tell me." He responded in an affable tone of voice. "You know you can tell me anything."

"Well, today at my parents' wedding party when that troll you know arrived..."

"Narciso?" He asked.

"Yea." You answered. "It's just, I don't know what came over me to make this happen, but when I found out that he already hooked up with you, I got so angry..."

"Angry? But why...?" He asked again, but ended up coming to the conclusion on his own. "Wait, were you jealous?"

"I did." You confessed. "Especially because you never talked about him to me."

The expression on his face softened at what you said. He never imagined that you could feel that way about something he didn't tell you.

"I didn't think I had a reason to tell you about him." Floyd confessed, feeling bad for hurting you. "I had no idea you would be upset about this. I'm so sorry."

"No need to apologize, there was no way you could have known something I didn't tell you." You assured him. "But now I need you to be honest with me. Do you still have feelings for him?"

He nodded.

"Well, Narciso was part of an important moment in my life, of course I have affection for him. Being with him gave me nostalgic feelings for when I was young, but nothing more than that."

You knew he wasn't lying, seeing the truth in his gaze when he looked into his eyes.

However, you still had a small doubt.

"I understand." You mumbled. "But what about me? How do you feel when you're with me?"

Your boyfriend reached out and stroked your hair.

"I feel like I've gained an eternal passport to happiness when I'm with you." He replied, leaving you speechless. "Narciso and I were just two teenagers with raging hormones, I'm in love with you, I love you like I never thought I could love anyone in this life, you're the one my heart chose and with whom I'm going to start my family. He is my past, you are my present and my future too."

Your eyes filled with tears, feeling his beautiful words touch your heart. How could you have been so blind to think that someone who loved you so much would want to leave you?

You took his hand in yours and gave it lots of kisses.

"Can you forgive me?" You asked with a choked voice.

"Only if you kiss me right now." He whispered.

You threw yourself at him, wrapping your arms around his neck, hugging him tightly and joining your lips to his in a kiss, kissing him passionately and desperately at the same time.

"I love you, I love you, I love you..." You repeated, scattering kisses on his beautiful face.

Floyd just hugged you, accustomed to your ebullient displays of love.

"I love you too, honey." He said between laughs.