Chapter 22

As much as you tried to understand, you couldn't find a reason why you were so uncomfortable upon hearing that, after all you knew that your feelings for Floyd were reciprocated.

However, you couldn't help but feel insecure when you thought that meeting an old flame could bring up old feelings in your boyfriend and maybe he would want to be with that troll again.

You were about to say something, but you were interrupted by the arrival of one of Floyd's brothers, who had something in his hands.

"What is this, bro?" Floyd asked, soon noticing the object in Branch's hands.

"It's a gift for my nephew or niece." He explained, walking over to you and showing you what looked like a small bag with a colorful bird on the fabric and yellow straps. "It's a baby harness, with this you'll be able to carry the egg with you without having to use your arms."

You observed the harness with curiosity, but when you were about to ask him a question, your boyfriend interrupted you, seeming very excited about that gift.

"I can try?" He asked.

Branch smiled and helped his older brother put on the harness.

"Can I?" He asked, extending his arms to you.

"No need to ask, you're the father." You forced a smile and handed him the egg.

Floyd took the egg and carefully placed it in the harness.

"What's up? How am I?" He asked with a smile.

Despite everything you were feeling at that moment, you felt a warm feeling in your heart when you saw how happy he was that he was going to be a father.

"You are handsome." You murmured, watching his cheeks flush at your praise.

"You will be the most handsome father in the entire Troll village." Narcisoo said, making the small smile that was on his lips disappear.

Suddenly, you were briefly startled when you felt something grab one of your legs. You looked down and saw it was your little sister.

"Can we take pictures in the photo booth now?" She asked, looking at you with an angelic face. "Say yes, please."

"Go with her and take pictures." Floyd said, resting his hand on his shoulder. "I take care of our baby."

Not wanting to deny Claire's request, you ended up accepting.

"OK."

"Yay!" Claire exclaimed happily, wrapping you in a hug.

"I'll see you later, love." Floyd said, giving you a gentle kiss on the nose. "I miss you already."

You didn't have time to say anything else or thank Branch for the gift, Claire was already pulling your hand to take you to where your other two sisters were.

It didn't take long for them to realize that something was wrong with you when they saw that you hadn't smiled in any of the photos the four of you had taken together.

"Hey hermana, are you okay?" Viva asked you, placing a hand on your shoulder.

"Yeah, you were so happy earlier." Poppy added. "What happened to make you like this?"

You hesitated for a moment to tell them, because you knew it wasn't so worrying to make you so distressed. But in the end you decided to tell, not wanting to keep the negative emotions to yourself.

"I was with Floyd." You started. "We were deciding what name we were going to give our baby, when..."

"And what names did you choose?" Claire asked excitedly, interrupting you.

Realizing that Claire shouldn't be listening to that conversation, Viva quickly took headphones out of her hair and lent her cell phone so that your younger sister could be distracted and not hear anything.

"And what happened?" Poppy asked, encouraging you to continue to talk.

"Well, after that, a troll arrived that I didn't know, called Narciso. I ended up finding out that he and Floyd already..." You paused and took a breath. Just imagining Floyd with someone else made your blood boil. "That he was the one Floyd lost his virginity to."

Your sisters looked at each other briefly, both thinking that it wasn't as serious a problem as you made it out to be.

"And that's exactly a problem for you because...?" Poppy asked, the first thing going through her mind was that you didn't approve of your boyfriend's sexuality.

"I wouldn't have had a problem with it either, if Floyd had told me about him." You clarified. "Why wouldn't he tell me about the guy who was the first in his life? Could he break up with me to be with Narciso again?"

"Yeah, you have a point there, he could have told you." Viva agreed. "But it's not good to jump to conclusions about Floyd, maybe he didn't tell you about Narciso because he didn't have time."

"Viva is right." Poppy said. "How did you come to the conclusion that he's going to break up with you?"

"I don't know." You replied. "I felt so insecure when I saw them greeting each other so happily, you know?"

"Look, if you want my advice, talk to him about this." Viva smiled. "I know it's a cliché to say this, but a relationship in which the people who are part of it don't talk, it's nothing."

You thought for a long moment. Maybe Floyd would get mad at you for thinking such a thing about him and then really want to break up with you, but you had to take the risk, you two were always honest with each other.

"You're right, I'll talk to him." You smiled.

"I know you two will be in good terms again, you like each other a lot." Poppy said, holding your hands in hers.

You pulled them both with your two arms and wrapped them in a group hug.

"Thank you for listening to me and for the advice." You thanked them. "I love you guys very much."

They smiled and hugged you back.

"We love you too, little sister." Poppy murmured.

Claire, still distracted by her cell phone, looked away for a second to look at you and noticed that you were all hugging each other.

"Wait, wait!" She said, running over to the three of you and joining the hug.

You had no doubt, you had the most loving family in the whole world.