Quick Life Update + reason why I'm not updating

As of October 23rd, 2023

Hi guys... It's me Eli. I'm just gonna update y'all about me and what's been happening and why I haven't updated any of my books. I'll be making this in sections, so if you really just wanna read about why I'm not updating, just skip to the why I'm not updating section.

What is happening in my life?

1) Work

First off, I have started a new job. I honestly don't remember if I told any of my readers, but back in 2020, I started working at McDonald's. I honestly really really really hated it there. The customers are horrible. The coworkers are horrible. I honestly only started working there because my mom told me to start a job. I think as the years slowly went on, my mental health has gone downhill due to the stress of that job. I vividly remember breaking down in tears when I came home from work (an 11 am till 9 pm shift) on my sister's birthday back in 2022; apparently my cousin's and my nephews/nieces came down to the house to throw a small party for my older sister's birthday. By the time I had gotten home, the party was over and they were all getting ready to leave. I remember going into the bathroom to take a shower and just sitting on the toilet, tears coming out. I remember trying to reach out to my irl friends through Instagram, trying to get my feelings out so it wasn't all welling up inside me. They never did respond that night. Not only has McDonald's affected me mentally, the pay wasn't the best. After 2 years of working there, I've went from $10.10 to $11.25 an hour. It was barely enough to afford paying for my bills and my subscriptions and healthcare.

It wasn't until April of this year, that I finally found a way out. I had just finished coming down from a cold when my little sister told me that a very popular shave ice(snow cone) place was hiring. She had friends that worked there who told her that an employee was going on maternity leave. Call it reckless or stupid or fate, but I immediately applied for the job. I did not care about the fact that I still had "friends" at McDonald's. I did not care about the fact that I had finally gotten used to working at McDonald's. That place had a higher pay of $14 an hour. That place had more younger staff members that were near my age. That place even had tips. I even had two friends that were working there. And that place always closed before sundown, at around 6 pm, so I won't be working all night and missing out on dinner.

I applied in the middle of April and got an interview less than a week later. On the application, I said that I can start working at the start of May, and at the interview, the managers told me that that would be a good time to start training, as the summer months will start and it'll get really busy. They told me that I was hired a few days later and I finally could put my two weeks in. Of course, the head manager gave me a hard time when I tried to put my two weeks in. At the end of my shift one day, I told her that I wanna put my two weeks in. She said to talk to her later, but she left before I could talk to her again. I had to email her to make sure that she knew that I was serious. After the head manager emailed me saying okay, I knew that I was just two weeks away from freedom. I had requested my two weeks earlier so that I had a few days before my training started. But near the end of my two weeks at McDonald's, I no longer cared enough to actually come in most days. The last two days of my work at McDonald's, I called out simply because I didn't wanna deal with it anymore. I'm pretty sure the other managers gave up on trying to care about me too.

At the start of May, I finally began my training. I was introduced to the staff and I slowly trained. Since the shave ice place was a small family owned business, the staff was small, maybe 7 workers per day. Sometimes 8 workers. At the end of the day, we all had to do our part in cleaning and mopping and taking it the trash. Then after all that was done, we always had a team meeting. It was a laboring job with more physical activity than just standing, but it's better than McDonald's. Most of the staff members are nice(I'll get into why I don't like one of them). We shift job positions every hour, so we're not standing in the same place for 7 hours. And even though I have to deal with more tourists, at least they're usually in a good mood so it puts me in a better mood. Plus working with my friend makes the day better. Not to mention the tip money at the end of every shift is good, I think the higher tip I made in a day was $96 and the lowest tip was $28.