prologue

STAR CROSSED
*ೃ prologue .ೃ

╔═ *.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.* ═╗

*           ═╗

╚═ *.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.* ═╝

⋆·˚ ༘ * ⸻ act one‧₊˚
- ̥۪͙۪˚ part one - the girl who was never suppose to live ˚ ̥۪͙۪◌
.。*゚+.*.‧͙⁺˚*
˚ you have to help me
august 23rd, 1980
────────────────────────────────

A WOMAN CLAD IN A BLACK CLOAK MADE HER WAY THROUGH THE DARK NIGHT. With every step she felt as if the shadows were closing in around her.  In her arms she clutched a baby, only a few days old. Whenever the child made a sound, she would hush it softly and then hurriedly look around to make sure no one was nearby. Even all the way out in the English countryside people could still be watching or following her.

Ahead, a tall house rose out of the blackness of the night. All the lights in it were out; everyone clearly fast asleep. The women walked up the front steps and banged on the door, hopefully loud enough so the residences would hear. After a long moment of silence, the women was worried no one was home but a soft scuffle could be heard and a women's voice saying, "Go back to sleep, I'll get it." The women holding the child let out a sigh of relief.

The door opened to reveal a kind faced, ginger haired woman wearing a night robe and holding candle. At the sight of the cloaked women, fear struck the red-haired lady's features as she quickly dug into her robe pocket and pulled out her wand. But as the red-haired women observed the other women's face and saw the bundle clutched in her arms, she lowered it.

"Molly, please." The cloaked women chocked out, her eyes filling with tears and her voice desperate. "You have to help me."

Molly Weasley opened the door a little more and let the women come in, then quickly checked no one else was outside before closing the door and locking it.

She turned to the woman standing in her entry, "What happened Ingrid?"

"I don't have much time to explain," The women spoke hurriedly. "But he's after me and I must keep the baby safe." She motioned to the little girl fast asleep in her arms. "Please, you must take her in for me should..." the women stopped, "should the worst happen."

Molly nodded, set down the candle and took the baby girl from the women's arms. "What's her name?" She spoke in a soft voice, attempting to calm Ingrid.

"Margaret Mary." A smile flashed across the women's face as she looked down at the little girl; her daughter. But the fleeting feeling of joy was quickly replaced with desperation and anxiety. "Promise me you'll take care of her."

Molly looked into Ingrid's eyes. "I promise I will." They both knew that the child would grow up without her biological mother. They both knew Ingrid was going to die.

Ingrid looked out the window. "I must go. I've stayed too long." And with that she disappeared back into the night.

Two days later Ingrid Ella Black was dead.