𝐯𝐢𝐢. inconsolable grief

STAR CROSSED
*ೃ༄『 chapter vii 』.ೃ࿐

╔═ *.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.* ═╗

*           ═╗

╚═ *.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.* ═╝

⋆·˚ ༘ * ⸻ act one ੈ✩‧₊˚
- ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ part two - the heir to slytherin ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌
.。*゚+.*.。‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾
➶-͙˚ ༘✶ ❝ you won't tell anyone ❞ ✧ ೃ༄
july 31st, 1992
────────────────────────────────

I SPENT MOST OF THE SUMMER LOCKED IN MY ROOM STARING OUT THE WINDOW. I hardly ever came out except to eat. Everyone was worried about me. Sometimes, I would hear mum and dad talking in hushed tones and then quickly stop if I approached. Percy, Fred, George, Ron and Ginny had no idea what had happened that night with You-Know-Who. The rumors circulating around Hogwarts had been wild, but no one knew the whole story. I wrote to Harry occasionally, but he never responded. He also didn't respond to Ron's letters. We figured his muggle Aunt and Uncle weren't letting him write. So instead, I wrote to Hermione. We traded lots of letters and she told me about things in Muggle World. I was quite excited to see her again at the start of term.

Term was going to start in a month. Tomorrow we were going to Diagon Ally to buy books and supplies. I lay in bed listening to Ginny's slow breathing in the bed beside me, clearly fast asleep. Around me the house creaked, and I could hear the whisper of the wind as it rushed over the hills outside. Everyone else had gone to sleep a long time ago but I didn't get much sleep these days. It seemed whenever I closed my eyes I would see You-Know-Who's face and hear his voice whispering in my ear. Nightmares plagued me whenever I slept. I would wake, drenched in sweat with the sheet all pulled off my bed.

Sighing, I sat up and quietly walked out of my room. Going down the stairs, I was careful to avoid the squeaky steps and managed to make it to the living room without making a sound. The remains of a fire smoldered on the hearth, its red embers casting a glow on the furniture around it. I sat down on the sofa and my body sank into the plush cushions. My mind always seemed to go back to that night. The last night I spent at Hogwarts. The night everything changed.

I drew my legs up to my chest and rested my chin on my knees. This wasn't the first night I had done this. Most nights I ended up sitting in the living room staring into the fire, feeling utterly alone. The thought of going back to Hogwarts did provide me with some light though. Seeing all my friends again and trying to find some sense of routine. My thoughts always came back to Harry. Would he still want to be friends with me? After finding out the truth about my father how could he?

I was jolted out of my thoughts by a noise upstairs. Fred, George and Ron appeared on the staircase and tip toed down. They were clearly trying to be sneaky but failing miserably. George repeatedly turned back to Ron to shush him even though he wasn't making a sound. When Fred, who was leading the small group, reached the bottom of the steps he finally noticed me and stopped short. George ran into him, causing Ron to bump into George. The three of them fell into a heap at the bottom of the steps. I simply raised an eyebrow; amused.