𝐯𝐢. long buried secrets

STAR CROSSED
*ೃ༄『 chapter vi 』.ೃ࿐

╔═ *.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.* ═╗

*           ═╗

╚═ *.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.* ═╝

⋆·˚ ༘ * ⸻ act one ੈ✩‧₊˚
- ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ part one - the girl who was never suppose to live ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌
.。*゚+.*.。‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾
➶-͙˚ ༘✶ ❝ he found her and killed her ❞ ✧ ೃ༄
june 3rd, 1992
────────────────────────────────

I AWOKE TO A THROBBING PAIN IN MY HEAD. Upon opening my eyes, I discovered I was back in my bedroom that I shared with Ginny at the Burrow. Confused, I sat up and looked around. Immediately the pain in my head increased and I moaned and lay back down.

"There, there dear, lay back down." A voice from beside me spoke. I hadn't even noticed my own mother who was sitting in a chair by my bed.

"Mum?" I scrunched my eyebrows together and turned my head to look at her.

"Yes darling?" She smiled.

"What am I doing here?" The events of the past twenty-four hours came rushing back to me. I remembered everything. Everything about Professor Quirrell, about You-Know-Who and my parents. At the thought of what You-Know-Who had told me, I shut my eyes, feeling tears forming in them. It couldn't have been true what he said. He couldn't possibly be my...

Mum interrupted my thoughts, "Dumbledore thought it best for you to finish up term early and come home to rest. After everything that happened last night, we thought you should be here with us." She picked up my hand and squeezed it.

"I'm going to ask you something and I want you to promise me that you'll tell me the truth." I rolled over on my side and looked her in the eye.

"I promise." Something in her tone told me she already knew what I was going to ask.

"Is Voldemort my father?" Normally, I never used his name but something about this situation called for it. I felt a single tear slide down my cheek and I quickly wiped it away.

She shifted in her chair uneasily. "Yes. He is."

Anger boiled up inside of me, "Why did you never tell me!" I yelled.

She looked startled but answered, "It was for your own safety. If he ever found out about you, we feared he would either kill you or take you to join him. We thought he would never find out, apparently, we were wrong."

I looked out the window at the rolling hills of the sprawling English countryside. A robin swooped back and forth through the air; its chirps could be faintly heard. I couldn't process what I was hearing. My brain refused to believe it. How could You-Know-Who be my father? I was angry, I was hurt, and I was confused. My entire life was a lie.

"What about my mother?" He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named said he had killed her. I remember back months ago, to those nights I spent with Harry gazing into the Mirror of Erised. The blonde haired, young, Slytherin women in the picture who smiled back at me. Could she really have had a child with the Dark Lord?

"Her name was Ingrid Ella Black. She was my friend back when I went to Hogwarts." A smile came across her face at the mention of her old friend.

"Black? Like..." I trailed off.

"Yes. Sirius Black was her younger brother." I sighed. Not only was the Dark Lord my father but the infamous mass murderer, Sirius Black, was my uncle.

"And she had me with..." I trailed off again, not wanting to say his name.

"I should tell you the whole story, from the beginning." She took a deep breath, "Your mother went to Hogwarts at the same time I did, although she was a few years younger. We became friends and when the war started, her blood purist family coerced her into joining You-Know-Who. The Dark Lord decided he wanted a child that he could train, a child he could make a weapon, someone he could trust to do his bidding. The Black's offered him Ingrid, hoping it would elevate their status. After she got pregnant, she knew she had to get away. The Dark Lord became suspicious of her loyalties but didn't want to kill her till you were born. When you were born, she managed to escape and brought you to me. A few days later he found her and kill her. But before she died, she told him she had lost the child. She did that to protect you, so he would never know you existed." Mum finished and sat back in her chair and closed her eyes, clearly emotionally drained.

I stared up at the wood ceiling above me, trying to hold back tears. "But it was all in vain."

Mum opened her eyes and looked at me. "No. It kept you safe for eleven years."

Suddenly, I realized something. "Wait, who else knows he's, my father?" I remembered how Snape, Dumbledore and McGonagall would stare at me. How McGonagall said she knew both my parents.

"Me, your father," She paused, "Your fathering meaning Arthur." She corrected herself. "And just a few other people. Dumbledore knew, and those close to him. They helped keep you a secret." I nodded slowly, finally understanding the long stares.

A thought struck me. "Wait, is Harry, okay?" I felt guilty for not asking about my friend sooner. "And Ron and Hermione?"

"Yes, dearie, there all perfectly okay." She smiled at me.

"Do Bill, Charlie, Percy or any of them know about my true parentage?" I asked, suddenly very curious.

"No. They do not." She paused, "Unless you want them to know." She suggested.

"No. No. I would rather they didn't. I would rather no one knows." I shuttered to think what people would think of me if they found out.

"I understand." She stood up from her chair. "I should go get your father and Ginny to tell them you're awake. Ginny has been dying to see you."

"Alright." I sat up again, this time slower. To my relief, my head didn't pound as hard as before. After mum left, I sat there and stared out my window at the robin still flying around. Watching as its black wings beat up and down and the sun gleamed of its red chest. Silent tears ran down my cheeks, but I didn't care enough to wipe them away. I knew everything was going to change.

𝖘𝖙𝖆𝖗 𝖈𝖗𝖔𝖘𝖘𝖊𝖉 ⸻ h. potterOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara