𝐯𝐢𝐢𝐢. celebrity book shop encounters, flying cars and other fantastical tales

STAR CROSSED
*ೃ༄『 chapter viii 』.ೃ࿐

╔═         *.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*           ═╗

*           ═╗

╚═          *.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.*          ═╝

⋆·˚ ༘ * ⸻ act one ੈ✩‧₊˚
- ̥۪͙۪˚┊❛ part two - the heir to slytherin ❜┊˚ ̥۪͙۪◌
.。*゚+.*.。‧͙⁺˚*・༓☾
➶-͙˚ ༘✶ ❝ mum's going to kill you ❞ ✧ ೃ༄
august 1st, 1992
────────────────────────────────

THE NINE OF US STOOD IN FRONT OF THE LIVING ROOM FIREPLACE. We were all dressed for a day of shopping at Diagon Alley. After the conversation Harry and I had a few minutes earlier, I felt as if a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. The anxiety I had felt all summer long about Harry's opinion of me was replaced with a feeling I hadn't felt in a long time, happiness.

"You first, Harry dear." Mum offered Harry a pot full of Floo powder. Harry looked down at the pot in confusion, clearly not accustomed to some normalities of the Wizarding World.

"But Harry's never traveled by Floo powder before, Mum." Ron noticed his friend's confusion.

"Floo powder?" Harry asked.

"Oh, well, you go first, Ron. So that Harry can see how it's done. Yes. In you go. That's it." Ron stepped into the fireplace and grabbed a fistful of powder.

"Diagon Ally!" Ron spoke clearly and threw the powder onto the ground. Immediately green flames consumed him, and he vanished. Harry's eyes got very wide, and he stumbled back.

"You see?" Mum motioned for Harry to step forward, "It's quite easy, dear. Don't be afraid. Come on. Come on. In you go. That's it. Mind your head. That's right." Harry stood in the fireplace, looking quiet pale, "Now, take your Floo powder." Harry grabbed a fistful, "That's it, very good. Now, don't forget to speak very, very clearly."

Harry nodded and spoke, "Diagonally." Then he threw the powder onto the ground and was engulfed in green flames.

"What did he say, dear?" Mum asked Dad.

"'Diagonally'" Dad repeated.

"I thought he did." Mum looked concerned.

"Where do you think he went?" I asked them, concerned for the safety of my friend.

"He probably wound up in some fireplace in Diagon Ally, don't worry dear." Mum smiled at me and motioned for me to step into the fireplace.

✧ ★ ✧

WE ALL, EXCEPT HARRY OF COURSE, MADE IT SAFELY TO DIAGON ALLY. As always, it was a lively place full of witches and wizard's coming in and out of shops, arms piled high with broomsticks, quills, parchment and various potion ingredients. Amongst all the full-grown witches and wizards, various Hogwarts's students could be spotted in the crowd, most of them wearing their school robes.