𝐢𝐢. ghosts of the past and present

STAR CROSSED
*ೃ chapter ii .ೃ

╔═ *.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.* ═╗

*           ═╗

╚═ *.·:·.✧ ✦ ✧.·:·.* ═╝

⋆·˚ ༘ * ⸻ act one‧₊˚
- ̥۪͙۪˚ part one - the girl who was never suppose to live ˚ ̥۪͙۪◌
.。*゚+.*.‧͙⁺˚*
˚ it's almost like seeing a ghost
september 2nd, 1991
────────────────────────────────

MY FEET POUNDED AGAINST THE COBBLESTONE HALLWAY AS RON, HARRY AND I RAN TO TRANSFIGURATION CLASS. All the other students turned to see us as we rushed in late. I let out a sigh of relief when I didn't see Professor McGonagall in the room, only a tabby cat sat on the professor's desk.

"Whew!" Ron sighed in relief, "Made it! Can you imagine the look on McGonagall's face if we were late?" Harry and I nodded in agreement. But to our shock, the cat sitting on the desk leaped off and turned into the professor in question. "That was bloody brilliant!" Ron gasped.

"Thank you for that assessment, Mr. Weasley. Perhaps it'd be more useful if I were to transfigure Mr. Potter, Miss. Weasley and yourself into a pocket watch. That way, one of you might be on time." Ron looked embarrassed as I let out a little giggle.

"We got lost." Harry explained.

"Then perhaps a map? I trust you don't need one to find your seats." The three of us quickly found three empty chairs in the front row and sat down. The rest of class went by relatively uneventfully, but Professor McGonagall continued to give me the occasional long stare.

✧ ★ ✧

LUCKILY, THE THREE OF US MANAGED TO MAKE IT TO POTIONS CLASS ON TIME AND WE FOUND THREE SEATS TOWARDS THE CENTER OF THE ROOM.  Students around us chatted with one another, but all the conversations came to an abrupt halt when Professor Snape barged in.

"There will be no foolish wand-waving or silly incantations in this class." He spoke in a deep monotone voice. "As such, I don't expect many of you to appreciate the subtle science and exact art that is potion-making..." His eyes scanned the classroom, "However, for those select few..." His eyes rested on Draco Malfoy who sat in the front row, "... who possess the predistortion, I can teach you how to bewitch the mind and ensnare the senses. I can tell you how to bottle fame, brew glory and even put a stopper in death." Beside me Harry was writing notes. "Then again, maybe some of you have come to Hogwarts in possession of abilities so formidable that you feel confident enough... to not... pay... attention." he glared at Harry. Hermione elbowed him and he looked up. "Mr. Potter. Our new celebrity. Tell me, what would you get if I added powdered root of asphodel to an infusion of wormwood?" From beside Harry, Hermione raised her hand as Harry shrugged. "You don't know? Well, let's try again. Where, Mr. Potter, would you look if I asked you to find me a bezoar?" Hermione raised her hand again.