Twenty-Two \\ Fated

Twenty-Two \\

        Scott and Stiles leaned on the table in Derek's loft, Koda across from the teens. They were in awe and left speechless.

        "So, what I'm getting from this," Stiles referenced the two pages of the Hale House family book devoted to the Supreme. "Is that you essentially control all wolves? You're the top shit in the werewolf community?"

        "Apparently." Koda herself didn't quite believe it. "The Supreme only shows up every handful of a hundred years, but there's also one thing else."

        Stiles looked between Derek and Koda, "What in the hell else could there be to finding out you're the Queen of Werewolves?"

        "Well, how about this?" Derek flipped over the page with his ancestor's photo. "Enrique Hale, circa 1850s."

        And if that didn't scare the boys enough, Koda slid across another picture. "Aurora Pevensie, 1850s and last known Supreme."

        "Holy mother of God."

         "Yeah, that's what we thought." Derek glanced to Koda briefly. "These pages," he referenced the pages back, "were glued together."

        "What does that mean?" Scott flipped back, his eyes flickering over it. "Why would they do that if this is supposed to be a history book?"

        "That's where I might have an idea," Koda told them, leaning on her palms on the table. "No one knew what my eyes meant. My mother, maybe, but Satomi, who's over a hundred years old, didn't. I think that what Enrique wrote never left this book. Aurora probably only told him because she loved him. Anyone who knew is long dead and those who came across the term didn't what it meant."

        "If it's such a big deal then why does no one know about it?" Stiles ran a hand through his hair, "Shouldn't it be a big deal to other werewolves?"

       "Maybe it's up to the Supreme," Derek offered. "It could pose a lot of problems."

        Stiles lifted an eyebrow, curious. "Like what?"

       "Like people seeking the power," Koda said. "An ambitious person could try to kill me for it. Even repressment. Being superhuman is supposed to set you free. Think of it this way; packs are led by alphas who you could consider local leaders. That would make me like the President, and more than half the country usually hates the President."

        "Yeah, and more than one have been assassinated," Scott put in, the gears of his brain turning. "If people find out, you're going to be in a lot of danger, even more than when the deadpool was up and running."

        "I don't think this can be enough." Dakoda motioned to the book, "Sure it's helpful, but we have no idea who the others were or how many others there were."

       "Or if they all look like you," Stiles added. "That could also be a big deal."

       "If no one knows, then how are we supposed to find out more?" Scott questioned, his eyes slightly narrowed as he tried to figure it out.

       "We're talking the hundredth o in google," Derek told them. "There has to be something out there."

        "And, you keep this to yourself for now," Koda advised, looking between the two.

        "Done," Scott agreed with a nod.

        "Good, now get to school," Derek said, tilting his head towards the door.