Thirty-One \\ All For Power

Thirty-One \\ The Final Chapter

      An earth shattering howl left Dakoda's mouth, fangs bared and eyes glowing as she jumped into the air.

      Kate slowed, the girl she didn't recognize leaping onto her berserker.

      Koda's legs swung around the warrior's neck, her whole body twisting as she gathered enough force to cause the berserker to go limp.

      Cars squealed to a stop as Koda got off of the berserker as its body hit the ground.

      Kate watched Dakoda with wide eyes, soon running from her.

      Dakoda, her shift nowhere to be seen, leaned against the wall as the Calaveras passed ber. She met eyes with Araya, the hunter with 40+ years under her belt walking past, pistol in hand.

      The cavalry had arrived and all were aiming at Kate.

\\

      "Scott! Kira!"

      Stiles bounded through the catacombs of the Aztec temple. He'd been running longer than he could think, but still he pressed on with a flashlight in hand.

      He skidded to a stop, his flashlight going out before Kira appeared as it zapped back on. "Oh," he said with relief.

      Leaning against the wall, Kira looked beaten up.

     "Are you okay?" Stiles asked her, going closer.

     "It's Scott," Kira didn't care about his question. "Stiles, it's Scott."

      "What?"

      "The berserker, it's him. Kate did it." 

      Stiles furrowed his eyebrows, "What are you talking about?"

      "She made him into one of them," Kira told him. "I don't know how, but it's him. And if they don't know, they could kill him."

      Stiles' mind clicked it together. "That's why Lydia's not here. They won't know they're killing Scott."

\\

      Fire opened up outside of La Iglesia, the Calaveras, Deputy Parrish and Chris Argent all shooting at Kate.

      Kate was shifted but ultimately lacked a body guard. She ducked behind an SUV, howling in signal for another berserker.

      Dakoda jumped back over the platform, quickly moving back over to Derek. She kneeled down next to him, not hearing the new berserker thunder his way to protect La Loba. "Derek?" She touched his cheek, listening for a heartbeat.

      Derek's eyes opened, looking over to Koda. He smiled, his lips trying to form words.

      And all at once, the world fell still.

      "Derek?" Koda choked out the words, Derek's lungs void of breath. She covered her mouth, tears spilling over her eyes as she screamed into her palm.

      Derek's head rolled to the side, nothing left to hope for. He was dead.

      Dakoda slowly stood, her expression falling to nothing. As gunfire continued and bodies dropped, Koda was lost in herself.

      The berserker was on rampage, nearly every Calavera hunter dead on the ground. Under orders, it went for Dakoda.

      Koda reached up, catching the berserkers arm mid swing.