1. Home

1. Home

It has been a few days, and Scott is being released from the hospital, Dr. Hayes did a few more tests to confirm Scott's Stage 4 ALL, and indeed, the results came back positive, Dr. Hayes recommended the Hoyings take Scott home, and stop treatment. So far, the only ones who know are Scott and his family, the gang doesn't know yet.

"Easy, son," Rick said, helping Scott up the stairs and into his bedroom. Once he got there, Connie helped Scott lay on his bed and put his cannula on too, Dr. Hayes told them that Scott would need it more often as time passed. "Look what I found," Connie said and then gave Scott his old childhood stuffed dog, Scott was surprised to see his favorite toy from when he was a child. Connie gave it to him, Scott cuddled to it, and Connie tucked him in, kissing him on the forehead afterward.

"He's sleeping now, should we call them now?" Connie asked, entering the dining room and Rick nodded. "You call Mitch and Kirstie, and I'll call the other boys," Rick said and both left the dinner table to make the calls.

An hour later, the gang showed up at the Hoying's residence shocked. "Is he ok?" Mitch asked after Rick and Connie let them in and sat down in the living room to explain everything to the teens. "Listen, kids. He's fine, Dr. Hayes recommended we take him home and stop the treatment," Rick explained.

"Why?" Kevin asked nervously.

"Because his body wouldn't be able to handle it anymore, he was miserable with every chemo he received. The trial was too strong for him, and the cancer was progressing fast. Scott decided to stop treatment as well," Connie said and the gang nodded. "Can we see him?" Kirstie asked and Connie nodded. All four rushed upstairs and saw Scott lying on his bed watching a movie on the TV.

"Hey guys," Scott said happily, and Mitch rushed to kiss him.

"Why didn't you tell us you wanted to stop treatment?" Kirstie asked.

"I was going to, but...I did it because I was tired of it. All the medication they gave me caused me pain and fatigue. The trial could have possibly killed me, and I want to have a life even if it means I am willing to die," Scott explained and the gang nodded, supporting their friend.

"Do you have any plans for what you want to do with the time you have left?" Matt asked.

"I do, I made a list here on my phone," Scott showed his phone to his friends and they were all excited at what they saw.

Scott's bucket list:

Go to high school

Get a new hairstyle (dye my hair)

Get a dog

Go to prom

Get a tattoo on my 18th birthday

Go to the mountains

"That's a nice bucket list," Kevin said and sat at Scott's desk chair. "I was planning on telling my parents about the school stuff at dinner, and if they say yes, I will be attending your high school," he said excitedly and everyone celebrated.

At dinner, Scott brought up his bucket list to his parents and told them about going to high school and the rest of his bucket list as well. "If you want to attend high school, you can go. We can start rolling you up tomorrow," Connie said and Scott cheered. "Thank you so much, Mom," he said.

"Regarding the rest of your bucket list we can do it little by little, we have 12 to 18 months," Rick said and Mitch gasped. "12 months!" he exclaimed angrily and left the table to go outside to the front porch. Scott went to talk to him.

"You ok, Mitchy?" he asked calmly, Scott felt bad when he saw the tears on Mitch's face.

"Do I look okay, Scott? I was just told today that my boyfriend has stage 4 cancer and is dying!" He growled. "I-I'm sorry," Scott said, choking back some tears.

"You promised me to fight 'til the very end. You decided to stop treatment and broke your promise."

"I'm really sorry, Mitchy. But, you know me better than anyone, and you know I would rather spend the last months of my life living rather than being stuck in a hospital. The trial would have killed me and all those 12 months would have turned into just 3. I fought until my body could not handle it anymore...you know that I was not getting any better. So please, let's make this year the best of our lives. And you said you will support my decision too," he said. "I know, it's just that I thought I would have more time with you than 12 months," Mitch responded and Scott wrapped his arms around Mitch.

"Besides, the doctor said 12 to 18 months," Scott said and Mitch chuckled, nodding. When the couple was inside the house again, Kevin told Mitch the pact all 4 members made for Scott. "We made a pact. We, Connie, Rick, and your sisters will try to do everything you have on your bucket list for you. Starting, when you start school," he told Scott and he nodded, grateful.

"Thank you, guys. I appreciate it," Scott said, tearing up, and all 5 hugged.

The gang left when it was time to go to bed and Connie and Rick tucked their son in. "Your sisters are coming tomorrow, they want to see you," she said and Scott gasped and clapped happily.

"We want you to know, Scotty, that you have made us very proud. And, if we get protective during this time, please bear with us, we don't want anything happening to you," Rick said and Scott giggled.

"I will. Thank you, guys, for everything. I love you," Scott said sleepily and closed his eyes, ready to sleep.

"We love you too, Scotty boy." His parents said and left the room, when they closed the door, Connie broke down in tears and Rick just held her, crying himself as well. They are not ready to lose their son yet, they will probably never be.

A/N: Book 3 is finally here!