7. New haircut

7. New haircut

Over the past few weeks, Scott's hair has been growing back after chemo and he is noticing how different his hair is now. First of all, it is darker but also wavy; when Scott was little, he used to have very light and straight hair, but now is darker and wavy.

"I need a haircut," Scott said to the gang while they were eating lunch at the school's cafeteria. "Really? I thought you wanted to let it grow," Kirstie said, running her hand along Scott's hair.

"Me too. But it's too long now and it's uncomfortable," Scott complained.

"I think you should do it. I just love your chemo curls," Mitch said, playing with Scott's hair.

"What do you want to get?" Matt asked.

"I don't know yet. I'll look for some ideas on the Internet later today. I'm thinking about dyeing it gray too," Scott shrugged. He has been waiting to dye his hair ever since he was 14.

"Gray would look good on you," Kevin complimented. The gang started to look online for haircut ideas for Scott until he was able to find the one he liked the most. "That one," he said while showing the picture to his friends. They all nodded and agreed to go with him to the barber shop after school.

"Mom, I'm going out with my friends," Scott said to his mom while getting ready to go.

"Where are you going, sweetie?" She asked kindly and Scott smiled. "We are going to the barbershop, I will be getting a haircut and dyeing my hair," he answered excitedly.

"Alright, although I like your wavy hair now," she said, pouting and running her fingers through Scott's hair. "Don't worry Mom, you'll love it," Scott said and hugged Connie before leaving the house. His dad gave him his credit card so that Scott would pay with it.

All five teenagers arrived at the barbershop a few minutes later. Scott showed the barber the picture of what he wanted and told him about dying his hair. "Enjoying the hair wash?" Matt asked Scott, who seemed to fall asleep with the head massage, making the gang giggle.

"When was the last time you cut your hair?" The barber asked Scott. He didn't know how to answer, so he just looked at Mitch, who thankfully answered for him.

"He shaved his head a while back, and now he wants a new haircut." Scott mouthed "Thank you" to him and smiled.

"Alright, let's start then," the barber said and started cutting Scott's hair. Once he was done, Scott looked at himself in the mirror and gasped. "I love it," He said.

"That's so sick!" Kevin said excitedly, and everyone agreed. Then the barber started with the long process of dyeing Scott's hair gray. To keep Scott from being bored, the gang started talking a lot, and Mitch and Matt even brought him some food to eat, because they know a hungry Scott is never good.

After a few hours, Scott was finally finished and he couldn't be happier with the final result. He paid the barber for his service and then left the shop. "I love how it turned out, Scotty. You look so good," Kirsite said. "Thank you. I'm happy with it," Scott answered.

The sunset was beautiful, and the gang decided to get some pictures of it and have a nice time together. They decided to go to Starbucks afterward to get something to eat before going home. When Scott made it home, he was more than ready to surprise his parents.

"Are you guys ready?" he asked entering the house.

"Yeah, show it to us, son," Rick said, approaching his son.

"Yes, baby," Connie said. Scott then took off his hat and showed his parents, they were surprised to see the final result.

"I like it," Connie said.

"It looks good," Rick affirmed.

"Thanks, guys. I'm gonna go to my room now. I'm exhausted, goodnight," Scott said and went to his room, he then took out his phone and marked getting a new haircut on his bucket list.

"Get a new hairstyle. Check!"