14. Tattoo

14. Tattoo

It is Scott's 18th birthday and he has something special planned for this special day that he has to convince his parents to let him do it. "Happy Birthday, Scotty!" Connie and Rick said while entering their son's room with breakfast in their hands for Scott to eat in bed before he goes to school.

"Wow, this is amazing! Thank you, Mom and Dad," Scott said, he started eating the pancakes his parents made for him, he even gave some small pieces to Bubba. "What do you want to do today?" Rick asked. Scott was nervous about asking his parents about letting him get a tattoo. "I-I want to get a small tattoo on my finger. It's a skull that Mitch and I wanted to get ever since we were 15," Scott explained, looking at his parents with hopeful eyes.

"Alright, you can get a tattoo," Connie said and Scott cheered. "We can go after school and we are going to take you to a pizza restaurant for dinner with the gang," Rick explained and Scott nodded excitedly.

When Scott arrived at school, he smiled when he saw that Mitch had some balloons in his hand and Kirstie had a box with her. "Happy birthday!" Mitch, Matt, and Kirstie said in unison when they saw their friend.

"Thank you, guys," Scott said and Mitch kissed him. "These are for you," Mitch said after they broke the kiss. Scott took the balloons and smiled, putting the balloons on his locker to avoid popping them. "Matt and I made this for you," Kirstie said and gave Scott the box she had. He opened it and gasped at what he saw, it was a portrait with a collage of pictures of Scott at different ages.

"This is beautiful. Thank you guys," he said tearing up and hugging them tight. "How did you get these pictures?" he asked.

"Your mom," Matt answered and they chuckled.

At lunch, the gang was sitting down when Mark, Beau, Ben, and Sarah approached them to wish Scott a happy birthday. "Happy birthday, Scott," Mark said, and he and the others sat down with the gang.

"Thank you, guys. I appreciate it," Scott said with a grateful look on his face.

"So, how old are you now?" Sarah asked him.

"I'm 18. I'm an adult now," Scott answered excitedly. "We are going out for dinner later," he continued.

"Really? What are we eating?" Matt asked surprised about what Scott said.

"Didn't your parents tell you?" Mitch asked and Matt shook his head. "Connie and Rick invited us to pizza for dinner and we will share the cake," Kirstie asked.

"My parents sometimes don't tell me this stuff," Matt scoffed and the others chuckled.

"Are you doing anything else for your birthday?" Ben asked Scott. "I'm getting a tattoo after school," he answered and the others were surprised, they knew Scott always wanted a tattoo.

"As soon as I'm 18, I'll get the same tattoo for my Scotty," Mitch said and kissed Scott's cheek.

"What are you getting?" Beau asked curiously. "A skull I drew when I was 15," Scott then took out his phone and showed the picture of the drawing to the others. "And you are getting the same one, Mitch?" Sarah asked.

"Yeah, it was a pact we made and I can't wait to be 18 and get it," Mitch said.

"And now that you are a senior, what major will you do at college?" Mark asked innocently. The gang forgot that Mark and the others didn't know that Scott wasn't healthy at all.

"He is thinking about taking a gap year," Mitch answered for Scott because he knew Scott wouldn't be able to lie to the others with that question.

After school, Connie and Rick picked up Scott and took him to a tattoo parlor where he explained to the tattoo artist what he wanted to get done. "Will it hurt?" Scott asked the tattoo artist nervously.

"Not really, the needle doesn't get too deep in your skin and it doesn't really hurt in the fingers," she explained to Scott who widened his eyes at the word needle. Scott then nodded and she started with the tattoo, Scott was nervous and his mom took his hand while Rick told his son some jokes to distract him from the needle.

At dinner, Scott showed his tattoo to the others who were happy for him. Everyone had a great time celebrating Scott's birthday. When the night ended, he marked getting a tattoo off of his bucket list with a proud smile.

A/N: It only gets worse from now on.