5. New hairstyle

5. New hairstyle

Mitch and Kirstie have been making plans for a girls' night for a while now, and today is the day. They wanted to get a brand-new hairstyle that surprised everyone while the boys hung out at Matt's house. "They've been at the salon the whole day," Kevin complained as he entered Matt's house.

"I know, and they are having a sleepover as well. Which means that we will see their new hairstyles tomorrow," Matt complained. A little while later, the doorbell rang, and Scott entered with his father behind, carrying his oxygen tank. "Who's ready for the sleepover?!" Scott asked with a determined expression and his arms extended.

"Hell yeah," Matt said, and he and Scott collided their chests.

"Scott, remember to call me if anything's wrong," Rick said to Scott and he nodded. "Boys, make sure he uses his tank," Rick looked toward Matt and Kevin, and Scott rolled his eyes. Kevin just laughed and nodded. "Don't worry Mr. Hoying. He's in good hands" Matt said. The boys said goodbye to Rick and ran to Matt's room.

Meanwhile, at the hair salon, Mitch and Kirstie were almost done with their new hairstyles. "I like your nails, Kitty," Mitch complimented her nails. "Thanks, Mitchie. They took a while but they are finally done," Kirstie said and looked at their nails.

"Yours are very pretty too, I like the dark navy blue," she said with a smile.

"Thank you. It's the first time I do my nails this way, I would only do my nails with you back at the hospital," Mitch remembered and Kirstie nodded smiling.

"Yeah. I'm happy we're almost done. We've been here the whole day and I'm tired and hungry."

"Same, I look like a grape though," They both laughed. "Should we Facetime the others?" Mitch suggested. Kirstie took out her phone and FaceTimed her boyfriend Matt.

"Hey, baby," Matt said after answering the call.

"Hi!" Kirstie said. "What are you guys doing?" she asked.

"Not much, just playing some video games and eating snacks," Matt answered. "I wanna see it," Matt whined, and Kirstie laughed. "Fine," Kirstie then showed her hair. It was a light pink and her nails were very shiny.

"Wow," Kevin said.

"I love it," Scott agreed.

"You look like a princess baby," Matt complimented Kirstie and she blushed. Mitch was the next one to show his hairstyle and everyone was amazed to see the big change Mitch had made to himself.

"That's sick," Matt assured.

"It's really nice," Kevin said.

"You look awesome, babe," Scott said. "Thank you, guys. Now we let you have your sleepover, while we have ours," Mitch said and then Kirstie hung up.

Back at Matt's house, the boys played video games on Matt's PlayStation until Scott decided to ask Kevin something he'd been wondering about since he started attending school.

"Kevin, do you like Leigh?" Scott asked directly. Kevin was surprised about the question but nodded anyway. "Yeah, she's beautiful."

"I think you should ask her out," Matt said, focused on his tv.

"I don't know. I think I should do it to get to know her better before we go to college. I've talked to her, and she is also planning on going to Yale, but if she doesn't get it, she will go to UCLA," Kevin told them.

"You still should ask her out, then you may regret you didn't ask her in time and lose your opportunity," Scott said, and Kevin nodded.

"Talking about Yale, are you working on your application?" Matt asked.

"Yeah, but it's hard when you are homeschooled. I am doing cello again in hopes it would help," Kevin answered.

"Do you have any other options if you don't get in?" Scott asked.

"I do. I applied to like 13 other colleges," Kevin chuckled.

The next day, Kevin, Matt, and Scott saw Kirstie's and Mitch's new hairstyles. "They look so much better in person than through the phone," Matt said, looking at Kirstie's nails. "Thank you," she said.

"You look amazing, I love it," Scott said to Mitch and hugged him close.

"Thanks, babe," Mitch said.

"I can't wait for my hair to grow more and get a new hairstyle too!" Scott said excitedly.