#2 - The Boys' Birthday Surprise

It was an ordinary Thursday in mid April, but it was Takayuki's birthday. Since he went into 1st grade earlier than his friends, he had just turned 14 in April. When he woke up, he didn't see his friends get very excited as they did their normal routines. Along the way as they were about to go to eat their breakfast, no one seemed to bring up the subject of Takayuki's birthday because they only talked about the math quiz later in the day.

In class, no one also brought it up which started to make Takayuki a little more puzzled. Later at lunch, everyone seemed to be really hungry, so they didn't talk much. After they had finished, the friends talked more about the math quiz later that afternoon. Now, Takayuki was getting a little suspicious since no one had brought up even a single sentence about his birthday. 'That was kinda weird,' he thought.

After school, as the roommates were going to the convenience store to get their snacks and dinner, no one talked about Takayuki's birthday, still as all of them were arguing about what to eat for dinner. Some might argue that it was very childish, but he somehow got used to it at that point. As he was thinking about what the cause could be, he was almost left behind as he didn't know that his roommates had already exited the store. Anyway, he managed to find him before he was left alone. The boys then ate their dinner before going back to their dorm. Still, no one had said a thing about Takayuki's birthday yet which suggested that they might have forgotten it.

Tired for the day, Takayuki just wanted a warm shower which he went in straight away after reaching his dorm room. As the sound of water falling onto the floor could be heard, the friends prepared their surprise for him. Of course, not a very good kind of surprises.

As Takayuki had habit of forgetting to lock the bathroom door, anyone could just barge in. Of course, that was what his roommates did. When his roommates barged into the bathroom, he could be seen standing, completely frozen while only having his yellow briefs on him. He was in shock. Of course, almost everyone would be. While he was standing there in shock, one of his roommates smacked a cream pie into his face which covered his face with cream, and made him temporarily blind. Another one of his roommates then took 2 muffins, and completely mashed them into his hair as he was wiping the cream off his eyes. After Takayuki could just open his eyes, the last roommate then splashed a cup of expired yoghurt right into his face, and further blinded him. Lastly, his roommates then emptied tons of baby powder onto him which turned all of him into a dusty mess. His hair, skin, and underwear was all covered in the dust of baby powder. It especially stick really well to his hair as it was really wet at the time. As he was trying to brush all the baby powder off of his body and underwear, his roommates giggled as they slowly closed the door.

He stood there frozen, puzzled, and a little mad as the gunk slowly dripped off his hair and face, onto the body. A moment later, the sound of water hitting the ground was heard again as Takayuki washed the gunk off of him again. He was extremely annoyed when he took the same shower all over again, but he tried keeping calm as the warm water helped relaxed him even more. After he was done, he dried himself off with his towel, and wore the same underwear that was covered in baby powder because he only brought just enough underwear for each week. 'At least, my bits will be dry,' he thought.

After Takayuki had done his business and put on his clothes, he slowly walked out the bathroom as he feared some more surprises from him. As soon as he stepped out of the bathroom door, he heard his roommates sing, "Happy birthday to you!..". When he walked nearer, he saw a small piece of cake on the table with his friends sitting and singing around it. Takayuki was overjoyed. The moment he sat down, the song ended, so he made his wishes before blowing out the candle. He then split the cake into quarters before handing them out to his mates. The boys then ate the cake with joy, although Takayuki wasn't feeling very good about what happened to him earlier. After their mini celebration, the Takayuki happily went to bed as a 14 year old boy, and got ready for his next day of school.

End of Chapter 2