#11 - When It Backfires

Previously, Takayuki had completed the first 2 trials, with one passed and one failed. Let's see if the last one could save him from the ultimate punishment.

"Alright, let's go!", said Amelia before the crowd got excited again. She then told Takayuki, "Here's your first bucket" before the boys lifted the bucket closer to him. He could hear the liquid splashing around inside, and he could tell it wasn't thick. When he smelled it, it smelled like nothing which made him really sure that it was water. "It's water!", Takayuki screamed which made the entire audience laugh at him. 'Did I get such easy item wrong?', he thought. Amelia then said, "Yeah, you were correct, indeed, but you do realize that if you had gotten it wrong, you'd be getting a clean up from that water, right?" That was when he finally realized that, but it was too late as he'd regret that decision.

Next up was his second bucket. After Takayuki took a quick whiff of it, he could sense the strong smell of orange. Plus, it was very thin, so he figured it'd be orange juice. "The classic OJ?", he answered. Everyone seemed to be in shock because he had gotten 2 for 2; the thing no one expected. Amelia then congratulated him, "Well, you're absolutely right. But, I felt like you need some shower right now, so how about we give you a quick dump." Shortly after, he was drenched in orange juice which helped clean the drying paint off of him. Although the orange juice had cleaned up most of the gunk on Takayuki, his white underwear had already soaked up all the color, dying it in the process. Now, his natural skin color was revealed again, but the pulp was still stuck on him which was probably the worst part of it. It was a win-win in Takayuki's mind.

Then, his heart was pounding as the third bucket came. If he got this one right, he'd be saved from worse stuff he knew were coming. "Well, take your time with this one.", Amelia said, but Takayuki was confident. It smelled sweet like a flower's pedal, so he quickly answered, "花、花だ。[Hana, hana da.] (Flower! They're flowers!" "You were close, but it was actually honey.", Amelia said which made him very disappointed, realizing he was going to be drenched in the sticky honey. Before Takayuki was prepared, a bucket of honey quickly cascaded down his body. It was thick and very sticky. Before long, his body was covered in a sticky mess once again. He tried using his his free hands to wipe it off his face and hair, but its sticky residue still remained on him.

"Next up, the thing you probably eat every day!", said Amelia. After the bucket was lifted to his nose, Takayuki can't smell anything but the strong savory smell of it. He knew it was something very familiar, but he just couldn't recognize it straight away. "Chickens?", he answered with an unsure voice. Amelia then revealed that it was... "You were close... Those are chicken eggs." Welp, down goes the egg right on his very sticky body. He began turning from a sweet-smelling sticky mess to a slimy savory one. Amelia's helpers also teased him by trying to feed him egg shells while he dodged. In addition, a dozen or so more eggs were then cracked onto his head and down his underwear which was just gross and uncomfortable to him. Let's just say the sliminess from the egg made him start to get grossed out.

"Well then, maybe you'll be more familiar with this?", Amelia said with an uncertain voice before the boys lifted the bucket to his nose. It smelled really strong, so strong that his sensitive nose just couldn't identify the smell. Eventually he gave up on trying, and came up with a random answer. "Wasabi!?", Takayuki said silently. "Um no, but you were definitely from the right country. It's soy sauce, ya know shoyu?", Amelia told Takayuki, trying to remind him about his Japanese root. From this act, he felt like he deserved to be drenched with soy sauce like a sushi. Suddenly, a tsunami of soy sauce came crashing onto him, soaking through out, and made him stink real bad; even him and Amelia gagged. "I think I'd not think Americans hating this is weird if the smell is really this bad.", Takayuki thought to himself as he squirmed to try and escape the smell.

For the 6th bucket, Takayuki was starting to doubt his ability to identify smell. "どうぞ! [Douzo!] (Here you go!)", Amelia said before the boys lifted the bucket to his nose. Takayuki could only smell the very distinct smell of it, but with his unknowledgeable knowledge of smell, something that were to be easy became hard. For some reason, its salty smell kind of made him think that it was canned fish, so he went for it. Of course, it was wrong, and he was even more shocked to know that it was nacho cheese; the kind he had almost never heard of in Japan. The very next second, Takayuki went from a sushi soaked in soy sauce to one large animal-styled fries with chesse and all other bits. The worst part was the thick yellow cheese that pretty much covered his hair and face tickled him as they dripped off his hair, nose, and chin. Let's just say he wasn't having a good time as cheese goblin.

As the 7th item was coming up, Takayuki was becoming more nervous that he wouldn't be able to pass the challenge, and the audiences pretty much expected him to lose. Still, the game went on. As Takayuki smelled the contents of the bucket, he could obviously tell the distinct smell of tomatoes which was what he had gone with. "Tomatoes!", he yelled with confidence. Soon, the confidence level quickly dropped down as he soon found out it wasn't just regular tomato sauce, it's pasta sauce. As everyone expected, Takayuki was quickly turned from carbonara to bolognese. When the bits in the sauce was mixed with the thick cheese, it made him squirm harder as his body shook from its texture. The last challenge suddenly became more like a child's play for Takayuki.

Now, it's time for the finale. This time it's not a bucket, it's just a little tray for him to smell. When he got the first whiff of it, he began gagging uncontrollably before flailing his arms around like he had given up. That was when the boys started grabbing the natto from the tray, and began smearing it all over Takayuki, mainly on his hair and face. As more natto was smushed into his hair and face, his hair became very ruined while he was trying his best to move his face away from the hands filled with natto. Some handful even went down his パンツ [pantsu] (underwear) as well which was very uncomfortable. At last, the remaining natto was poured right on his yucky hair and face as Takayuki tried his best to shake it off. The long slimy string that dripped from his hair might be the best part of the entire show. They may say Japanese people love natto, but Takayuki was weirdly an exception.

"Well, boy. You got 2 out of 8, so that means the ultimate punishment awaits you!", Amelia said in a menacing and evil voice which sent the chills down Takayuki's spine. Right beside the pedestal was a pool filled with seafood bits and leftovers from previous day's lunch mixed with some water. As it was moved there, people near it began sensing the awful smell, and plugged their noses. Of course, he couldn't smell it very well since his nose had been bombarded with many strong smell from the ingredients.

Shortly after, Takayuki felt the rope being removed from his legs before the boys forced him to the edge of the pedestal. Secretly, his best friend, Bennett made his way onto the pedestal right behind him. Together with another boy, they lifted up Takayuki from the ground by grabbing his arms and legs which dangled his body. Another boy then removed the goggle which made him see light again.

Before he could realize what was going on, Takayuki was thrown right into the pull, causing a big splash of nasty goo. While he was submerged, he could feel bits of fish, squid, and vegetables sliding all over his skin while his legs and arms were constantly being wrapped around by seaweeds. More over, the very fine bits were also able to get into his underwear which wasn't a pleasant feeling for him. Finally, Takayuki came up from the gunk with his body covered in bits of stuff while he reeked worse than any dumpster ever. As he was struggling with the smell, everyone began laughing at him which added another thick layer to his embarrassment.

After that, Amelia then thanked the audiences for attending the year's freshman hazing as everyone enjoyed witnessing Takayuki's struggle in that pool. Although Bennett was having the best moment of the show yet, something would prove him that he wasn't the last laugh. Suddenly, Bennett got teamed up by Amelia's helpers, and got tackled to the ground before getting his outerwear stripped off him, leaving him in his yellow boxer briefs. When Amelia was done with her job as the hostress, she tried dragging Ben into the pull with her full force as he resisted.

Unfortunately for both of them, when Amelia successfully push Ben into the foul pool, Ben was still grabbing her arm as revenge, pulling her in as well. As Ben backflopped in, Amelia cartwheeled into the pool, exposing her secret color and pattern for the day as she was wearing a short skirt. While they both were submerged in the goo, the amount of disgusting bits around them made them feel overwhelmed, and right then was when they knew the level Takayuki's disgust wasn't over the top. As they made their way to the surface, bits of stuff made its way into their clothes while the seaweed tangled their limbs which added to the level of disgust. If that wasn't enough, the foul smell also haunted them, sending them into the same state as Takayuki; flailing their limbs around, and splashing themselves over and over. 'Shouldn't have worn white today', Amelia murmured as her uniform and underwear were completely ruined.

While the 3 victims were scrambling their way out of the pool, the audiences laughed at the first idiot who got thrown in, and another 2 dunce who fought each other into the mess. And it seemed like the one with the last laugh would be Izumi who sat in her seat, recording and laughing at her crush and her friends the whole time.

After everyone had left, the pool was moved just outside the gym for the victims to slip and slide out of the pool. Then, they all got hosed down briefly by one of Amelia's helpers. To their horror, the white parts of their clothes were all turned a disgusting brown from the nasty water staining it. Takayuki's white briefs were turned brown, Bennett's white boxer briefs waistband was stained brown, and Amelia's underwear and shirt was inevitably colored brown as well. The person who got the most tedious hosing would be Takayuki as he had all kinds of stuff plastered all over his hair, face, arms, legs, body, and briefs.

A few minutes later, these guy's roommates then got a ring from them to further take care of themselves in the dorm's bathroom, or showering, to put it simply. After their well-deserved shower, Takayuki and Bennett took a long moment to banter their disgusting experience to their roommates. Meanwhile, Amelia went crying to Izumi about how she had embarrassed herself by having a wardrobe malfunction and a swim in the thick stinky foul gunk in front of the entire school and having her uniform ruined, which Izumi could only comfort her. "一緒に貴幸くんと夕飯食べないか? [Issho ni takayukikun to yuhan tabenaika?] (Why don't we do eat dinner with Takayuki?)", Izumi asked Amelia, to which she nodded excitedly.

We could say it's a successful hazing, but not one without any mess.

End of Chapter 11