004 || Coffee Shop

Warning: Signs of Abuse
WC: 944
--------------
<Natalie Blackwood's Pov>

I was getting Amber ready as we were getting ready to go to the coffee shop and the park. She was so excited, I don't think I have seen her this excited in a while, since we haven't gone here in a while. I was super happy to be seeing Pansy as well.

I put on a pair of jeans, black jeans and a white crop top with some converse. I put Amber into a white tank top and a pair of overalls with some baby blue nikes. I sighed and picked her. "You ready?" She giggled and nodded her head. 

I smiled at my daughter and pulled her close to me as she snuggled her head into my neck. I walked out into the small living room that had a muggle TV on one wall and across from it was a leather couch. On the other wall there were some toys for whenever Amber and I stayed here, they made sure they had toys for her. 

Daphne, Katie and Hermione looked up and instantly stood up. We all walked out of the apartment and started heading towards the coffee shop. we always went there first so that Amber could get her energy from sitting for usually about an hour. 

We walked into the coffee shop and the little ding of the bell woke Amber up. She gently lifted her head from the rook of my neck and rubbed her eyes tiredly. "We are here bubs," I whispered as we took a seat in a booth we were given to by Selena, a girl I have known since before Amber was born.

She turned around in my lap and I locked my eyes with Daphne as she had a sorry look on her face. I was confused but brushed it off as Selena came over and got our order, which is what we normally get.  We were all laughing and smiling but Daphne was forcing it, I could tell.

I wanted to know what was wrong but I didn't wanna put her on the spot in front of Katie, her girlfriend, and Hermione, her long time best friend. But all of my questions where answered when I heard the small beg ring and turned my head to look. People watching, is what I call this.

I looked over to be met with those chocolate brown eyes and that curly hair. Right beside him stood Draco, Enzo...and Pansy. The whole table went silent while Amber played with my hair, not knowing her father just walked in. 

I looked over to Daphne who had guilt and happiness in her eyes. "Are you fucking kidding me?" She couldn't get a word in before they were all right next to our table. 

"Natalie, hi." Pansy breathed. I smiled and slid my arm around her waist bringing her into a hug while I was still sitting down with Amber still playing with my hair. She giggled at something and threw her head back but before she could do anything she caught sight of Mattheo.  

It was clear she was his. The eyes. The attitude. She leaned closer to my ear and whispered, but still very loud, "Mama, why does that man look like me?" I felt tears prick my eyes but I blinked them back. I scooted over for Pansy to sit down. The silence was killing me. 

"What do you want, Riddle." Pansy sat down next to me and pulled Amber to her but she shook her head and snuggled her face into my neck. My breathing picked up and my hands began shaking. 

"Is she mine?" He questioned Hermione's hand slipped into mine and gave it a light squeeze while she sent Daphne a glare. I am assuming they didn't know about this. 

"No," I whispered "She isn't." Mattheo rolled his eyes and crocheted down, to get level with Amber. This only made my breath pick up as I searched for anything but his eyes. 

"How old are you?" Amber looked up from my neck, her eyes soft. She looked at me.

"You don't have to tell him-"

"Tell me!" He shouted. I flinched. Hard. Hermione's arm wrapped around my waist and brought me closer to her while my eyes were still closed. 

"Your ok, Natalie. No one is hurting you." Hermione whispered. Everything felt like it was spinning and my grip on Amber loosened while she drew small circles on my forearm. I opened my eyes to be met with hurt looking brown ones. 

"I-I am 5. Jus-just pwease don'-don't hurt mam-mama." He muttered a '5-5 that w-was- shit.'His eyes were brought to mine and all it held was hurt. I wanted to run away again and never look back. He chose me for someone else and yet I still wanted him in Amber's life. But I knew, I knew,

Life was about to get a hell of a lot worse. 

------------------------

Ok, so I may not be updating this weekend because I am getting ready for a dance (guess who doesn't have a date) I have on Friday and sleeping over. My friend's brother has 2 back to back games and I won't be home until like 5. I may not have the motivation to update but I could be wrong. 

I just wanted to let y'all know because I usually post on the weekends. And I changed the title to Our Past just because I thought it fit better with the meaning behind the story. 

Remember for the people who were reading Lies. before it got taken down, this story is kinda similar just with Mattheo instead of Draco. Anyways I love you guys so much, thank you for reading!