Realisation

Luke: It's three am in the morning and you are lying awake with Luke, both of you so exhausted you're practically delirious, your words being either jumbled nonsense or genius pearls of wisdom. "In my next life, I wanna be a goldfish." Luke mutters, his words partially muffled by his pillow "cause, their memory is only three seconds long right? So that'd be like all these lifetimes squeezed into every three seconds. You could be an entirely different person every three seconds. You could renew your life twenty times in one minute...that makes one thousand two hundred lives per hour, and...twenty eight thousand eight hundred per day" he slurs, moving closer to you and nuzzling your neck "we should get Kurt some goldfish" you yawn, Luke nods sleepily "yeah, cause he'd like one right? Do you think he'll like fish? What do you think would be his favorite animal? And his favourite colour? Cause he's gonna be a little person and he'll like all these things and hate all these other things and he'll grow up eventually and have his own kids and then they'll have their own kids and we'll be very very old and we'll die one day...and-and...this is what that circle of life stuff is all about huh?" He props himself up, his blue eyes suddenly wide, you nod, smiling "yeah" you giggle, Luke takes a deep breath, shaking his head in awe "man, that Rafiki guy...what a fucking lad" he murmurs, yawning and settling back into bed.

Calum: "Easy baby girl, slow down" Calum hums, taking your hand in his and pulling you onto the bed, you sigh and cuddle up next to him "its just that my report is due in a few days and the CEO is coming into the office for an inspection and-" Calum cuts you off with a kiss "I think it's time you took your maternity leave honey" he murmurs, his hands rubbing your shoulders gently, you shrug and lean against him as his skilled fingers travel to your lower back, working out your knotted muscles "you're all tense baby" he points out "I just want you to relax" his voice is soft, his lips leaving feathery kisses along your shoulder "I can't, the twins have been kicking me all damn day" you say weakly, Calum sighs, his hands moving onto your stomach, stroking your bump gently, a different kind of tenderness and care that he reserves only for the twins, as if he were scared of hurting them. "Are you bothering your mummy?" Calum whispers, barely loud enough for you to hear "hm? Are you getting too big for mummy's tummy?" He continues, giggling to himself at the rhyming words, you roll your eyes playfully and he grins up at you "come on that was kinda funny" he laughs, tickling you till you let out a giggle, he continues running his fingers over your bump, smiling as the twins squirm around "...I can't believe this is happening...we're having kids...I mean-we-we made them (Y/N)...and they're all ours" Calum murmurs, you smile and nod "yeah...life is incredible" you breathe, you look up at Calum and he lets out a small breath of air, a smile flickering over his face, his brown eyes hold a look you haven't seen before, a look of awe and revelation, like he's just figured out what life is all about.

Ashton: "Motherhood is no picnic honey" your older sister chuckles, sliding a tray of lasagna into the oven, as her three year old son clings to her leg wailing, she lifts him onto the counter and grabs a pack of Indiana Jones plasters, wiping his scraped knee with a flannel before putting a plaster over it "there you go buddy" she cooes, setting him down, the second he leaves the room she holds up the box of plasters "the two of them can get through two boxes of these in a week" she laughs, a tone of disbelief in her voice "you're never going to get a full nights sleep again. It's gonna be breastfeeding, diaper changing, making up a bottle, colick, then nightmares, thunderstorms, wetting the bed, then homework, school projects, breakfast, making sure they get on the school bus. The list is endless" she warns you, you gulp, running your hands over your bump, fear creeping up on you as tears fill your eyes, Ashton frowns, looking up from his spot at the kitchen table "Lana stop it, you're freaking her out" he grumbles, getting up and wrapping you in his arms "what if I make a mistake Ash? I can't be perfect for eighteen years" You whimper, nuzzling into his chest "hey you're gonna be amazing baby" he cooes, kissing the top of your head "y'sure?" You sniffle, he nods "positive" you're sister grins and tosses her hair over her shoulder "you guys are cute" she giggles, shaking her head sympathetically at your naivety.

Michael: You smile, leaning against Michael as you watch your puppy Wario leaping and bounding ahead of you, straining on his leash, you had had the idea to go for a walk around the neighbourhood, but now you are starting to feel the weight on your back "you wanna stop?" Michael asks, noticing that you've slowed down, you nod and he helps you to sit on the grass, whistling for Wario, who comes loping over, collapsing into his lap "good boy" Michael cooes, scratching him behind the ears "are you okay?" He asks, you nod, catching your breath "you're making your mummy so tired Ana, she can't keep up with you" he chuckles, you fake a smile to humour Michael, but he sees right through it "what's wrong baby?" You shrug, reaching over to pet Wario, who licks your hand excitedly "is it your back? Should I call the doctor?" He pushes, you sigh, rubbing your bump "I'm gonna be a mum Michael" you blurt, your voice cracking "I knew I was having a baby and I was gonna be a mother-but...I'm...I'm gonna be a mum" you know you aren't making much sense, but you get your point across, and Michael smiles, brushing the hair away from your face "and I'm gonna be a dad, and Anastasia is gonna be a daughter, and we're gonna be a family. And it is scary as fuck" he chuckles, kissing you softly "but we'll get through each day together" he says firmly.