Labor/Delivery Part 3

Luke: "Luke" you whine, rubbing your eyes tiredly as the epidural you were given to take the pain away starts to wear off. It's now forty eight hours since you arrived at the hospital, and you and Luke are both exhausted. "Luke" you repeat, pushing yourself up on your elbows, the pain growing stronger every second. Outside the door, Luke is sitting on the floor, his back to the wall and his head hung between his knees, his eyes bloodshot, cheeks smeared with tears, his phone pressed to his ear. "She's in so much pain mum" he sniffles softly, wiping his nose roughly "it's so overwhelming knowing I can't do anything to stop the pain. We've been here for two days and she's always screaming, except when they give her epidurals, but she's so stubborn about them...I'm so tired mum, and I can't even imagine how she must be feeling" he mumbles, his voice cracking slightly. You heave yourself out of the bed, clutching your IV stand "Luke!" You croak, moving towards the door. "I think she's up. Gotta go mum" Luke is shocked to find you out of bed, one hand outstretched for the door handle. "How are you feeling baby?" He asks gently, guiding you back to bed, you groan at the sharp stab of a contraction and grab his arm "Luke I need him out of me!" You beg, your nails embedding in his skin. Your screams bring a curious scrubs-clad nurse, who checks your vitals and who waits patiently for your contraction to end before asking you to spread your legs,m. Suddenly you feel a shift as the baby moves lower in your pelvis and you gasp. "Luke I can feel him-he's coming" you hiss, your hand slipping into Luke's through instinct. "Seriously?" Your fiancé asks, his dull eyes brightening at the news, you nod and as confirmation the nurse chirps out that "you'll be ready to push any moment now miss." You feel your heart jump into your throat and you brace yourself against the bed, the overwhelming, all consuming urge to push suddenly coming over you. You steel yourself and grit your teeth "you can do this baby" Luke murmurs, you whimper and let your head fall back against his shoulder as you begin to push.

Calum: It's been a few hours since you were given the pain relief; labour is proceeding slowly, with gut-wrenching contractions and steady progress. "Baby number one is getting ready to come" the doctor warns, as her gloved hands feel around your swollen tummy "Calum I can't do it" you whine, blinking sweat out of your eyes "of course you can baby, you can do it, you're my strong girl" he murmurs, squeezing your hand encouragingly. You whimper and shake your head "here we go. Ten centimetres" the doctor calls. You gasp, feeling one of the babies moving downwards, you try to resist the sudden urge to push, which in turn feels like a serrated knife twisting in your body, you groan, tears filling your eyes. " Ca-Calum I don't want to do it, it hurts" you plead, your voice cracking, he squeezes your hand tightly, pressing his lips to your knuckles and muttering soft words of encouragement "you can do it baby, I know you can, just push harder" he whispers. You huff, tears streaming down your face and mingling with sweat. He smooths your hair gently, wiping your eyes "you're doing marvellously honey. You're so strong" he soothes "we got baby number one crowning" the doctor informs you. You whimper, your whole body tensing up, Calum wraps his arm around your shoulders and kisses your temple "come on, here we go baby, we're nearly there" he cooes, holding you tight as you screw up your face for a big push.

Ashton: "Your baby is breech" the doctor explains. You are panting heavily, your hands braced on your bump "he's what?" Ashton demands, his eyebrows raised. "Breech. Coming feet first" Ashton's jaw drops. "I'm afraid it's too late to flip the baby, were either going to have to deliver this way or resort to surgery" you watch as Ashton sinks into the chair by your bedside, the blood rapidly draining from his face. "I wanna deliver now, please! It just hurts too much, just get him out" you sob, Ashton's hand closes around yours, and you can feel him shaking as much as you are. "You sure about this?" He asks softly, you nod, throwing your head back with a groan as a powerful contraction hits, the pain spreading to your thighs. "Anything to get him out. I can't bear it anymore Ash" you whimper. You can feel the doctor's fingers inside your body, the sensation making your skin crawl as she gently guides the baby's feet the right way. "I need a big push" she urges, you follow her instructions, crying out loud as you feel the baby moving lower and lower in your body. "You're doing a great job honey, such a great job" Ashton murmurs, smiling encouragingly as he kisses your sweaty forehead "Ash I can feel him coming" you whisper hoarsely, your fingernails digging into the back of his hand. "We got two feet" the doctor exclaims, Ashton pokes his head behind the little curtain and gasps "the-h-his little toes! (Y/N)! His little baby toes" he stammers, his eyes swimming with tears "oh my, you're doing the most incredible job" he praises, wiping sweat off your face and kissing your temple "and we're nearly there baby, nearly there" he cooes.

Michael: "Michael?" You whine, looking around the room, you rub your bump as a contraction builds. "He's just in the bathroom love" Karen hums, patting your hand gently, you whimper, your eyes filling with tears. "He'll be back in just a moment honey" she cooes, you sniffle and let out a strangled cry "where is he?" You sob, Karen takes your hand tightly, soothing you "what's wrong darling? Hm? Please tell me" she whispers, you groan and press your palms against your bump. "I want Michael" you complain "I'm here! I'm here baby!" Michael exclaims, rushing into the room, he kneels by your side, pressing his lips to the back of your hand. "Michael she's coming right now!" You yelp, arching your back as you feel the urge to push. "We need a doctor" Karen yells at a passing nurse, just as your mother walks in. Soon you are flanked by Karen repeating "breathe. Breathe. Breathe" on one side and your mother going "push. Push. Push" on the other, with Michael hovering around near your head, unable to get past the soon-to-be-grandmothers. "Mum, Karyn...not that I don't appreciate-don't take this the wrong way-just-please just get out" you groan, the two look shocked, but they sigh and walk out, leaving you alone with Michael and the doctor. "Sorry about them" Michael whispers, kissing you gently on your forehead "a few more big pushes. Big push, that's right" the doctor encourages, you grit your teeth and scream through your clenched teeth, taking in gulps of air that burn your chest as you push as hard as you can, your body being pushed to the limit as you feel yourself stretching around the baby. "Here we go, baby is crowning" the doctor smiles, Michael moves to see and his hands fly to his mouth. "How the fuck are you doing this?!" He squeaks, you whimper and duck your head "shut up you're not helping" you whine, he apologizes gently, moving back to hold your hands "goddamn (Y/N) you're so strong-I could never do this" he murmurs into your hair as you give a massive push.