chapter nineteen.

-Zaid gonzales.

As i walk with my little sister onto the steps of the school Wednesday morning for the first time since what? Monday?. The last face i talked to was with my little fox . I watched her cute little nose wrinkle when ever she had a whitty comeback trying to spill out of that dangerous mouth of hers. I know she was searching for me everywhere on monday and on tuesday. And i watched from the sidelines . The way she didn't care that everyone was looking at her , instead of being scared she didnt cower away , she glared at each and every one of them. I knew she felt me looking at her. The way her eyes scanned the halls to see if she could see me. I haven't been to school , only hockey practice here and there and then and came to pick lia up and go back home. And then last night. I saw her again too . She looked beautiful as always. The night complimented her . To say i didn't get turned on by her frightening gaze would be a lie. I was hard as a rock. I loved the way her lips rolled into her mouth trying to see who i was.

As i go to open the double doors leading us to go inside lia stops . I turn around confused as i look at her up and down. Her hair is in cute curls. Some hand made mom jeans that she obviously made and her brown and white cardigan. I watch as her one leg bobs up and down making me direct my eyes to her new chucks i bought her. I look back up at her face as she nibbles her lip nervously. She seems to be in deep thought the way her brows would furrow and her eyes somewhere else .

I take my hand off the door handle as i put it gently on her shoulder , she seems to snap out of her trance. She straightens her spine as she looks up at me.

"You okay? These kids are not giving you any shit are they?" I say softly as her big blue eyes shine up at me.

She pushes her hair back as she clears her throat "uhh no its not that ...i just..." she stops mid sentence as she swallows ...she wets her lips as she continues "...i haven't made friends yet and...im scared I'll never actually get"her voice trembles as my heart aches.

Lia was am amazing girl.  She always had it figured out. She knew way too many things for her own good which was concering from time to time . And not to mention she had a mouth on her .

I give her a soft smile as i lift her chin up making her direct her eyes to me "lia...kid . Its only been two days . You'll find your people eventually and besides theres no need for friends . I can be your best friend" i say as i buff my chest out.

She rolls her eyes playfully as she shoves me "zaid...as much as i like having you around. You can't be my only friend" she points a finger at me...i sigh as i feign hurt "How could you...im hurt , no im anguished." I slump my shoulders she slaps me in the head as i groan .

"Man up , you street fight and do lots of illegal things" she says as she puts her hands on her hips. My eyes widen "Could you say that anymore louder?im sure everyone would like to know" i hiss as i open the double doors.

She chuckles from behind me as she runs up and walks next to me . Everyones eyes turn to me as i glare at every single one of them , i pull lia in closer to me and she looks up at me "Christ now i know why i dont have any friends , you're like a giant bodyguard" i snap my eyes down to her "Well , im just very cautious of my baby sister , its what brothers do and if its males thats trying to get to you , i will gladly act as your "giant bodyguard" i say as i emphasize on the last part.

We ignore the stares we get . She faces her eyes upwards . Observing everyone. "Which class do you get first?" I mutter "english" she chirps.

"Thats great , your class is right next to mine" she nods as we walk down the halls.

"Did you notice that the staring hasn't stopped...i mean were new and shit but like its been almost three days " i glare at her as she curses she seems unaffected at my glare . Its like she realizes what she said . She chuckles nervously as she looks up "you know since i did do the laundry and cooked ...you could maybe let that slide ...just this once" i sigh "fine" .

She smiles as we turn another hall "And for the reason of the stares. People will be curious lia. Remember our old school? Fucking bunch of investigators.
People just want to see who we are , they wanna invest in our lives. Considering we just popped out in the middle of nowhere" i state . She nods slowly as we turn another hall.

"Why the frick is there so many halls in this school , by the time we arrive at our classes then i can guarantee you i lost a pound" she dramatically breathes in and out loudly . I roll my eyes "its because you have short legs ." I chuckle as i ruffle her hair.

She gasps as she tries to catch up to me
"Its not my fault , i had the damn audacity to resemble a tiny old man" she grumbles . I shake my head in amusement as the bell rings. Her face paints in horror as she gasps "Oh no!  Im gonna be late , and then im gonna have to do the walk of shame and god oh fu- i pull her by her backpack as she stumbles backwards into my chest "Zaid!what are you doing?! I have to get to class , ill apologize later for almost swearing again" i burst out of laughter. She glares at me as students gather into their classroom "lia relax ...this is your class" i gesture to the one infront of me
She relaxs as she smiles sheepishly "oh"
"Go on kid , and dont sit next to boys" i point a finger at her . She nods as she walks . She stops in the door as she gives me a little wave . I nod as i walk to the class next to hers . I walk inside as i spot students in their seats . The teacher isnt here . I observe the classroom as i see my fox.

Shes sitting in the far corner right at the back . Exactly where I expected her to be. I smirk as everyone looks at me . I ignore them as i walk towards her . Shes looking out the window . She seems to enjoy doing that and listening to music. I dont make my presence known yet . I stare at her as i look at the baggy sweatpants she wears and the blue hoodie and worn out chucks.

This girl was perfect.

Her hood was up and a few tendrils of hair covered her face . Her lips were set into a deep pout and her eyes shined by the light the window brought in.

I scootch into the seat next to her. She gasps as she turns around to face me.
"Miss me?"

Short chapter guys❤Don't forget to vote ♡

Short chapter guys❤
Don't forget to vote ♡.