chapter forty-two

-Estella romano

"The beluga triangle!" My father yelled out confidently making me cringe as i facepalmed myself. Dearest mother decided that we should have a family game night. Its been an hour and all i wanna do is stab my eyeballs out with a pen. The game being 30 seconds. My brother shakes his head as he silently does expressions to help my father out with the answer. I groan as i stand up from my seat.

"The answer is the bermuda triangle. Its located vienna , austria" i silence the screams from the two groups. My brothers face lights up as he picks me up and hugs me "thank god , one smart person in this group. Dad if i knew you'd suck at general knowledge i would've picked mom" Dad gasps as i a small smile breaks out on my face . My eyes catch my sisters as she cocks her head to the side and looks at my face . More like examining.

Okay?

I avert my gaze from her as mom comes in between dad and rahuls arguing as she holds up her hand
"Okay fine ! Switch teams. Happy?" She silences both men as they nod quickly.

My brother runs to stand next to me as i sigh. Dad stays rooted next to mom.
"Looks like we're gonna give the kids a run for their money , huh honey?"mom snickers as she nudges dad and he mouths to my brother along the lines "You're going down" to which i roll my eyes at.

Can i kill myself now or later?

"Ash , come on dear sorella . The game won't start without you. You're on our team" my head snaps to my brother as i glare at him. But he seems unfazed at my glare to which i clench my fists at. Im so gonna kill him. Im gonna kill him and dump his body in the sea. Yeah. I should totally do that.

"Cool" she quirks as she comes to stand next to me. I stiffen as i clench my fists together. Shes too close. Too fucking close. I grind my teeth together as i feel her stare on the side of my head. I tap my foot impatiently as i wait for the game to begin. My brother clicks his toungue on the roof of his mouth as he takes a card out and covers it to see if anyone is watching. I want to wack him in the head for taking so damn long.

He turns to us "huddle , team" i throw my hands up in the air "oh my fu-

He grabs me at the shoulders, and he does the same to ash as she stands on the other side of him. We stand in a team formation as i bite the inside of my cheek "okay so i think we're fucked. I don't know half of the shit written on the card. And i doubt you guys know" he whisper yelled .

"Ra , you're underestimating us , hand me the damn card" ash whisper yells back as he grabs the card out of his hand to which i roll my eyes. She reads over the card "what is the name of the coco pops mascot..." she reads the sentence.

"Who in the living fuck made this game ?" She shoves the card in his chest as i sigh "im sure we can figure it out. So lets just start?" I offer looking at my brother as he nods and we break apart.

My mother and father stare at us as smug smirks take over thier features "ready to go down?" They snicker and my brother sticks out his toungue like a kid. He nods indicating that we're ready to start.

He holds the card out infront of him as he speaks to us "which political figure became baronness of kesteven?" My brothers nose scruntches up as he reads the sentence.

"Oh honey, weren't we just speaking about the history of kesteven yesterday?" My father laughs out as he hears the question.

"You're right sweetheart , do you guys need a hand ?"

"No !" All three of us yell out as once as i turn to my brother.

"Two years ago. We did a task on kesteven. I don't remember it vaguely, but i have bits and piece-