"Tension"

*Adrian's pov:*

'this...is causing more problems, than we already have to deal with..'

I sat there, thinking the same thing over and over unbothered by making an effort to actually deal with it properly.

''Maybe I could avoid it, like last time"

"Would that really help?"

I lifted my heavy eyes towards the unidentified voice that was yet to make itself known.

The slow soft taps against the carpet floor gave me a hint as to who it was.

"How was story time? Any improvement?"

"You know well enough don't you?"

"I have a hunch. Besides , we've got bigger things to deal with."

Cyrus sat comfortably opposite me folding his arms, sitting so upright that I felt my own spine tingle.

We were in the library. I initially came here for another experiment, and that's exactly when it happened.

"Isaac mentioned. He didn't give the details because (y/n) was with me. So I've come to know for myself. Interrupting me like that isn't your style, so I figured it was urgent."

"And that it is."

I sighed heavily.

Something that concerns our situation, is always meant to be discussed amongst everyone, but this time, I need to confirm a few things with Cyrus in particular.

"So? Is it something related to (y/n)?"

"Not exactly."

"Then why bother?"

...

"She's on her way."

I watched as his features tensed. A feeling that dwelled inside him was slowly exposing itself. A feeling that I, myself am all too familiar with.

"..when..?"

"Tomorrow, around noon. They'll be staying here for at least a few days."

"And you just couldn't say no?"

"How else would you want me to react to that, what would you have wanted me to say to someone like her."

"You could've said no, or that you won't be around."

"And leave her to show up anyway and inspect the place?"

"I can't tell if you're worried about (y/n), us or your experiments."

'all three dammit'

"Haah...I have no idea how the others would react."

I leaned against the couch into the dark leather cushioning. The room was starting to spin. I hated how out of place everything was slowly going.

"You don't have to worry about us, everything will be fine."

"Oh , and that's supposed to reassure me?"

"It's better than nothing. We do of course despise such a lady, no offense to you though."

"None taken. I , myself hate that woman with the amount of passion for loving science."

"Not that you can do much about it."

"Thanks for stating the obvious."

"You're welcome."

Another sigh to a depressing conversation with my right hand man... a blow to the brain.

"I need a drink."