CHAPTER 17

A feeling of distrust is always the last which a great mind acquires....

--------------------☠️🌸--------------------

.....[crowd chatters, laughs]...

...[noisy sound]...

In the harvest festival, Enid, (Y/N) and Wednesday were standing, surrounded by crowd of people, games and rides, wearing their informal clothes.

"Are you sure you can trust that normie?" Enid asked as the trio continued to watch Tyler arguing with his father.

"Dad, I didn't know Wednesday was gonna be here." Tyler exclaimed with irritation, answering his father.

"I trust that I can handle myself." Wednesday answered with a oblivious tone.

"And don't worry! We can trust Tyler." (Y/N) happily informed which made Wednesday's look towards her with his frowned eyebrows.

_______________☠️🌸______________

"I don't want you talking to him. I want you home by 12:00." Sheriff, Tyler's father ordered.

"1:00" Tyler argued.

"12:30 and take care of (Y/N)." The Sheriff ordered again and walked away. Tyler who can't say anything, looked towards where his father walked away.

_______________☠️🌸______________

"Well, good luck and safe travels." Enid told Wednesday with a soft smile on her face.

Enid went forward to hug him but he backed away, showing his disagreement with hugs.

"Still not a hugger. Got it." Enid exclaimed.

"You coming, (Y/N)!" Enid asked while looking at (Y/N).

Before (Y/N) could answer, Wednesday said," She is coming with me."

(Y/N) and Enid looked towards Wednesday as if he had grown third head.

"Ok.." Enid and (Y/N) acknowledged with confusion.

Both the girls hugged each other,"Take care. If anything happens inform me." Enid said with caring tone.

"Ok. Will do..." (Y/N) reassured her while nodding her head with a bright smile.

As Enid walked away while both the girls continued to wave their hand towards each other.

Wednesday who was about to say something to (Y/N) noticed someome over his shoulder.

....[tense music builds]...

Principal Weems who was sitting on a picnic table holding a coffee in her hands,was watching Wednesday in a observing manner.

Wednesday eyes widened with anger as he understood that it was going to be much harder than he thought.

Wednesday looked towards (Y/N) and held her hand which made (Y/N) flinch away but relaxed as she understood Wednesday who was looking towards Principal Weems with frowned eyebrows.

(Y/N) noticed that both principal and Wednesday were not going to back away from their staring competition. So, she pulled Wednesday with her while Wednesday followed her without retaining.

Meanwhile Tyler just followed both of them, placing his both hands in his jacket pocket.

...[tense music trails off]...