•His Half Brother•

We're focusing on both the aftermath and Feng Xuanyu this chapter. His time to meet Meng Yao is near, so enjoy.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

'This is all my fault. I was trusted to keep him safe. To keep him from any type of danger, yet I was to late in getting to him quickly!'

'Why, why just why?!-'

"A-Xuanyu?"

Feng Xuanyu flinched as a touch to his shoulder was felt. His eyes met worried ones. "Nie Huaisang..?"

Nie Huaisang sat down next to him and gave a calming smile. "Yeah it's me. Are you ok? You..zooned out."

Feng Xuanyu gulped and looked down to his lap, gripping his robes till his knuckles turned a white. He wasn't fine. Nothing about this was fine.

His cousin is on the bed beside him, out cold and freezing even though he had been blanketed. He was at fault for this.

"I know your worried, but we know A-ying is strong.. He'll wake up and it will all be fine.." Nie Huaisang tried to reassure, placing his hand onto Feng Xuanyu's fisted one. Feng Xuanyu looks to the hand ontop of his and takes a long sigh. But he didn't say anything..He didn't know how to respond even though he knew it.

But the doors slide open and Feng Xuanyu's fear overwhelmed his entire body. There at the doors, walking in with haste and even more worry was Xie Lian and his Husband Hua Cheng.

Feng Xuanyu watched in horror as Xie lian went to Hua Ying's bedside and knelt before his bed with a cry.

"Baby! Oh A-ying..!" Xie lian lowered his head and gripped Hua Ying's hand.

Feng Xuanyu couldn't move, his face paled when Hua Cheng looked at him.

"What happened?" The man asked, glancing to Feng Xuanyu then Nie Huaisang. Nie Huaisang stood up, releasing Feng Xuanyu to tell him what he got so far from the disciples who accompanied Lan Xichen.

Was he hearing ringing? Why couldn't he talk and say something? He felt like he was going to lose his mind or cry or do something just to beg them to forgive him for not saving him.

"A-Xin."

"A-Xinfang."

"A-Xuanyu."

Feng Xuanyu snapped out of his swirling and unkind mind and his vision saw a familiar face.

"Baba..?" He mumbled from his lips, blinking when he saw his ba, Mu Qing.

Mu Qing, despite the worry, softened his scowling towards his son.

He sighs and placed a hand to his shoulder. "What is with you? Are you ok?"

The boy blinked again and frowned at the question looking down at his lap once more. "I-.."

Golden eyes began to fill with clear substance, pooling till it spilled down the young boy's face.

"I'm so sorry.. Please forgive me Baba. I should have been faster."

Mu Qing frowned more till he grabbed Feng Xuanyu's face and lifted it up to look him dead on. The look on his face broken something in the general. He saw sorrow, guilt and saddness. He looked so..broken..

"What are you talking about? Why are you apologizing Feng Xuanyu. Talk or I get mad." He pressed on, his brows deepening.

The boy shaked his head and sniffled, his body shaking in sobs till he couldn't help but hold onto Mu Qing and hide his sobs into his robe.

Mu Qing stilled, his eyes lowering to his son clutching round him tightly, shaking, and putting all his tears onto him.

Mu Qing sighs himself. He might not be one to show off his affection but..this was causing him to get mad. Mad that he couldn't help him and step in for both the prince's sake and his sons.