•The Baby•

His Majesty, Heavenly Emperor, Xie Lian and his Husband, the powerful Ghost King Hua Cheng were wondering the quiet streets of Yiling. Not really for a reason other than to enjoy their free time together. Both husbands held hands, intertwining them together as they joked and laughed and brought up some past of their love.

While they walked, they stopped by a restaurant, dinner provided soon after for the married immortals.

After their dinner date, as Hua Cheng will say, the two departed from the restaurant. Once again they were walking, the place now cold.

Xie Lian shivered at a breeze. "Ah.. it's pretty cold tonight.." He said as he hugged himself. Hua Cheng took that opportunity to take off his outer coat and give it to his beloved.

"I told you it was going to get cold gege, why don't you listen to me?" Hua Cheng said, slipping the warm coat onto Xie Lian like a blanket.

Xie Lian chuckled softly. "I'm sorry San Lang, I didn't think it would get this cold. And it was just one shiver, you really didn't have to give me your coat."

Hua Cheng shakes his head. "One shiver turns into a lot. I don't want your highness to get cold anyways, it's the reason for me bringing it."

Xie Lian looked to his husband, blinking in surprise. "You.." He blushed a soft pink and smiled shyly. "How kind of you San Lang." He made sure the coat was on him well, loving the feel and smell of his San Lang on it.

"Then I thank you, your to generous."

Hua Cheng smiled at the praise and thanks. It brought a feeling in him that grew his adornment for his husband even more than it was.

"It's what I do and only for you, Gege."

Xie Lian couldn't help but smile more, clinging to Hua Cheng's hand and interlocking them. "How sweet."

Hua Cheng could only smile more. God he loved this man.

~~~~~~~~~~

The night was quiet. Restaurants were still open, brothels open for the time, bars even. Yiling was a place to go to, but while the two were walking they didn't expect to hear a cry.

Both immortals perked up, the cry distant yet close. It sounded small but mighty and desperate.

"What's that?" Xie Lian asked. "It sounds close."

Hua Cheng was hesitant. He didn't know what could be happening. "I'll be by your side Gege."

Xie Lian nods his head and rushed off for the direction of the crying. The sound growing to his ears. It sounded like a child.

Xie Lian rounded the corner of the sound of the crying, it turned to screeching more than crying. It sounded like..

Xie Lian spots a box where the crying was loudest. His eyes widened in shock. There in the box was a baby. A baby?! He didn't know how to react as the baby, looking to be about 2 or 3 months of age, bawl his lungs out, his whole body scrunching up in his maple red blanket.

Xie Lian scooped up the crying child into his arms, cradling and trying to soothing him with swaying and bounced him.

"It's ok, it's ok." He shushed, moving some of the wrap from the baby's face. Hua Cheng moved forward, looking through the box. He didn't have anything else but a red ribbon and a paper.

"He's freezing." Xie Lian stated, trying to wrap him up more, using the coat he wore as something extra for the freezing child. "Gege,"

Xie Lian looks to his husband as he lifted a piece of parchment paper. Xie Lian rose an eyebrow at that wanting to question him but the baby was frantic and hysterical in his cries.