Love: Revealed

Summary: When Very Special Agent Anthony DiNozzo gets severely injured in a fire fight while trying to arrest a known child trafficker, two surprise visitors blow a hole in the one thing he hoped to keep secret for at least four more years. 

The case was killing any semblance of calm that Gibbs, McGee and DiNozzo could fake. Ziva was likely also effected. But she was well-versed in hiding any type of fatigue she may be feeling.

The agency was still reeling from the loss of Dornigate, and the subsequent trauma to Delilah's spine. So, even a simple case would have taken any energy. But this wasn't just a simple murder or kidnapping. A nationwide child trafficking case had came across Gibbs' desk three dyas ago. And everyone was running on fumes as they toiled away looking for where the sicko had hidden the kids away this time. 

It took another week of constant work before the case broke with some new information. At which point, the chase was on. Tony didn't even have a chance to check in at home before joining his teammates on the flight to the other side of the country and meet up with a special task force from the FBI. While on his way to the local PD, Tony had to make 'the call'.

"Hello?" The voice he had known for over twenty years now answered. "Hey, Sweet Cheeks." Tony started, only being stopped by the warning way his name was snapped back at him. "Tony, we talked about this. No calling home e after Y/N's curfew. You'll only get her excited, which will make it nearly impossible for her sleeping pills to kick in."

Y/N had had trouble sleeping since she was a baby. At first, it was thought to be mini seizures. But it was eventually discovered to be severe infantile insomnia. Actually, Y/N had the most prominent case doctors on this side of the Mississippi had ever seen. So, for thirteen years of her life, Y/N has been dependent on sleeping meds to be able to 'shut off' her brain activity enough to sleep. At first, it was liquids and syrups. Burt, once she was old enough to be able to swallow pills, it was just that. Her sleeping pills have been an issue with her school ever since her first overnight field trip back in third grade. Now, though, they were just a part of her every day. At fourteen, she was easily able to manage her own meds as well as calling for refills when she needed them. 

"I know, Baby. And I'm sorry. But I had to let you know the case has sent us to Seattle. I dot. Know how long I'll be out." The regret was clear as day in his voice. Ever the (secret) family man, Tony has hated not being ho e with his wife and teenaged daughter since said daughter started high-school that school year. Tony knew too well the negatives of an absentee father and vowed to break that generational curse.

Despite all his fear and self-doubt, Y/N was a well-rounded, companionate young girl with a scholarly mind and strong predisposition towards civil service. She, never once, got angry with him for his job. Instead, getting mad at the 'bad guys' who kept her father from her. Ever since she was a little girl, Y/N would use her evening prayers to talk to God about keeping her Daddy safe and looked after as he 'took out the bad guys'. Even now, at fourteen years old, she still  prayed for her daddy every night before bed. 

-------

Y/N knew something was wrong the second her mom had come to pull her out of school. Her mother was meant to be dead. And, as such, never even stepped foot outside of the house. Instead, she worked from home under an assumed name and kept away from the windows as an extra procaution. The only time she was out and about was when the trio took their twice-yearly road trip. There, on the open road, Y/N's mother could finally be herself.

"Mom?" Y/N cried out in fear. "What's going on?" the teen feared the worst, having been taught from an early age the possible repercussions should the wrong people discover the fact that her mother was still alive. "Bookbag in the back." Mom had ordered in the same firm tone that Y/N knew better than to argue with. "Did Mr. Bleu get your the work you'll miss like i instructed?" The grunt of discomfort caused by Y/N flinging the heavy, overstuffed backpack into the back seat offered enough of an answer on its own. However, as a sign of respect, Y/N still audibly verified her mothers' inquiry. "Yes, Mom. He said It's all in the packet he gave me. I had to bring home all my school books to be able to complete the packet. He also said I'll be missing up to a week?"