Secret Feelings

Gibbs x male!OC

MCRT X CyberCrimes!Specialist!OC

The bullpen was abuzz with activity as Leonardo Gregarian made his way towards the desks of the legendary NCIS team. He had been assigned to work with Gibbs and his team for the first time, and while he felt a mix of excitement and nerves, he was determined to prove himself worthy of their trust.

As he approached Gibbs's desk, he was met with friendly smiles and welcoming nods from the other members of the team. Abby gave him a quick hug, McGee offered a handshake, and even Tony flashed him a grin.

But when Leonardo turned his attention to Gibbs, he was met with a steely gaze that sent a chill down his spine. Gibbs's expression was unreadable, his demeanor distant and guarded.

"Agent Gregarian," Gibbs said curtly, his tone devoid of warmth. "You're late."

Leonardo swallowed hard, feeling the weight of Gibbs's disapproval. "Apologies, Agent Gibbs. I was briefed on the case and—"

"I don't need a rundown," Gibbs interrupted, cutting him off mid-sentence. "Just stick to the facts and stay out of the way."

Leonardo's heart sank as Gibbs dismissed him with a wave of his hand. He had been hoping for a chance to prove himself to the renowned leader of the team, but it seemed that Gibbs had already made up his mind about him.

Throughout the day, Leonardo did his best to follow Gibbs's orders, keeping a low profile and staying out of the team's way as instructed. But no matter how hard he tried, he couldn't shake the feeling of being on the outside looking in.

As the day wore on and the case progressed, Leonardo found himself increasingly sidelined, his contributions dismissed and overlooked by Gibbs at every turn. And when he dared to speak up with a suggestion, Gibbs's response was swift and cutting.

"That's enough, Gregarian," Gibbs snapped, his patience wearing thin. "This is my team, and I'll handle it. You can sit this one out."

Leonardo's jaw clenched in frustration as he fought to keep his emotions in check. He knew that Gibbs didn't trust him, but being kicked off the case felt like a harsh blow to his pride.

Despite the setback, Leonardo remained determined to prove himself to Gibbs and the rest of the team. He may have been treated like an outsider for now, but he was determined to earn his place among them, one step at a time.

--------

The tense atmosphere of the crime scene shattered in an instant as chaos erupted. Shots rang out, and instinct kicked in as Leonardo Gregaryan reacted without hesitation, pushing Jethro Gibbs out of harm's way. The impact sent Gibbs sprawling to the ground, his senses reeling as he struggled to comprehend what had just happened.

As he regained his bearings, Gibbs's eyes darted to Leonardo, who lay on the ground clutching his chest. The realization hit him like a punch to the gut – Leonardo had taken a bullet meant for him.

"Leo!" Gibbs exclaimed, rushing to his side as the rest of the team converged around them.

Leonardo grimaced in pain but managed to flash Gibbs a weak smile. "Looks like I owe you one, boss," he quipped, his voice strained but laced with humor.

Gibbs felt a surge of gratitude mixed with guilt as he helped Leonardo to his feet. He could see the bruises forming under Leonardo's Kevlar vest, evidence of the impact that had knocked the wind out of him. But despite the pain, Leonardo's spirits remained surprisingly high as he cracked jokes and teased the team on the way to the ER.

As Gibbs sat beside Leonardo in the waiting room, watching him banter effortlessly with the nurses and making light of his injuries, something clicked into place. It was in that moment, surrounded by the sounds of laughter and the comforting presence of his team, that Gibbs realized the true extent of his feelings for Leonardo.