chapter 1

Alaila

"How's the dress miss?" Asks the fitting lady as she begins to tighten the lace wrapped around my back. Everybody in this place has such a thick Italian accent, I do too but mine isn't really as thick as theirs.

This corset isn't really helping me either.

"Miss?"

"The corset's a little tight" I wheeze, adjusting it. She let's out a small laugh.

"I know," she laughs,"it's supposed to be like that." She replies, adjusting my dress. "I may have to pin a few pieces together as you're a little overweight, but don't worry miss, it's normal for that to happen." She reassures.
Everybody says that it's okay to be overweight, when I know in reality they're just pitying me.

"Would you like to weigh yourself miss? So that we can sew a dress that can be adjusted to you?"

I nod my head and she rummages through the cupboard for a scale.

"Ok ma'am, just step onto here and it'll tell me roughly how much you weigh." She stops for a moment as if debating whether to say something. "I just want you to know, it's perfectly okay if you're slightly overweight, it can be fixed by implementing a diet for you."

I nod and proceed to step on the scale, "you weigh exactly 49 kg. I suppose that isn't so bad." She sighs. "Just try and eat less during the day and I recommend doing more exercise in your bedroom before you sleep and when you wake up."

I hear a small knock at the door. "Who is it?" I yell.

"It's me amore." Replies my mother. She enters the room, gasping when her gaze lands on me. I don't know if it's a good gasp or a bad gasp because i know for a fact the dress is small for me.
(T- love)

"Cos'è questo? Sei così bella." She praises, wrapping me into a hug. I blush and bury my face deeper into her shoulder.
(

T- what is this? You look so beautiful)

"Thank you mama, but I do need to finish getting ready." I giggle, kissing her on the cheek.

"Miss if you'll allow me, I'll just finish your hair and makeup and then you'll be done." Smiles the fitting lady.

I nod and sit at the dressing table after mama leaves and she continues to do my hair, "how long do I have to keep these pins in?" I ask, wincing as I attempt to scratch my back.

"Possibly the full day-" she pauses, watching as worry takes over my face. If I keep these pins on for the full say, i won't be able to do anything properly.

"-but I'll reorganize my schedule so I can come during the day to fix your dress, how does that sound?" She offers, making me smile.

"Thank you." I smile. She nods and walks out of the room, leaving me to myself.

.

"Wow mio tesoro, you look gorgeous." Says my oldest brother, reaching down to hug me.

His eyes soften and he crouches to my level. "you look beautiful." He smiles, pressing a kiss to my forehead.

I smile, "thank you, mio fratello." I whisper, kissing his cheek.
(T-my brother)