chapter 4

Belvedere

"They're giving you two months." I say, looking at my daughter.

"But I'm not ready?" She shakes her head, "tell him to marry someone else."

"Mi amore, they won't listen to us, we tried to tell that bastardo that we won't give you to them, but they're a lot stronger than they look." I reply pity filling my eyes, "I'm going to protect you, nobody's taking you anywhere mi amore." If I'm going to get rid of them, I have to make sure my daughter is protected first.

"And if I go to them?" She asks, "will I save the country? Will I save our family?"

I pause. "it doesn't matter amore what matters is we keep our princess safe." He says.
(T- love)

"I'll go papa." She whispers, "I'm going to protect you all and I won't let anything happen to you." Her adorable eyes become glassy.

"Mi amore that's what I'm here for, I'm here to protect you, not the other way around. This is just a small distraction, then it'll be over soon, don't worry." I lie, I have to lie to her, I can't let her go.

"Stop crying amore. Only cry when something good happens, crying won't change the past, so just learn from everything that happens to you and make sure it never happens again." I say, I can't raise her to be weak like this.

She smiles and quickly wipes her tears before standing up. "Okay papà." She mutters, before leaving the hall.

Alaila

I

make my way to my horse, straddling on her saddle before brushing her mane.

"Where are you going?" Asks my twin, coming up behind me.

"Just taking her out for a ride." I say, placing the brush beside me.

"Can I go with you?" He asks, I don't really want him to go because I normally go alone, but I consider his offer.

"Sure." I reply, "just don't annoy me or I'll push you off your horse." I add, smiling sweetly, maybe he'll change his mind and go back inside.

"I'll annoy you to the point where you jump off your horse instead." He corrects, stifling a laugh, I can't come up with anything to say back to him., so I just roll my eyes.

"Can we just go, you're holding me back." I whine.

"I'm not even touching you, principessa." He smiles. He's just trying to get on my nerves now. And it's working, so I ignore him and start riding, I hear him laugh before turning the corner.

I hear the sound of quick hooves behind me and turn back, smiling. But it quickly fades.

I see another man behind me, he's wearing a white shirt that's flowing out behind him, catching wind, his trousers are black and gold, and his waistcoat is white with gold engravings. He has blonde hair, but it's gelled back, one strand from the top of his head falling gracefully above his eyes, making him look even hotter. His sharp jawline, his Hazel eyes, but most of all his lips, curved into a beautiful smile.

He seems to notice me too, because we carry on staring at each other, until I fall, in the most embarrassing way, because my dress flies upwards and I fall head-first onto the ground, my hair becoming dishevelled and my dress collecting dirt.

I sigh in embarrassment, ignoring the bruise on my hands, wishing the ground would swallow me whole.

I hear footsteps beside me before he crouches down. Concern lacing his handsome face.

"Are you alright?" He says, he sounds british, but his deep voice vibrates through my ears, but I can't think about that right now, I have to get out of this awkward situation.

"I'm fine." I mumble, attempting to be mysterious, he gently holds my wrists and examines my hands, "we should go back, to treat your hand." He says, worry placing his tone.

"I'm fine." I mumble, attempting to stand up, helps me gain my balance before helping me onto my horse.

"Who are you anyway?" I ask, realizing that I haven't even asked this strange man's name.

"I'm Jack." He replies, giving me a polite nod. "Are you princess alaila?"

I nod in response, feeling even more embarrassed because he knows my name already.

He smiles, "you have a beautiful name, alaila." If he keeps this up, I'll be thinking about him all night.

"You came all the way from England?" I ask.

"Of course I did, I want to know the woman I'm going to marry." He says, smugly.

I pause, now that I think about it, he looks exactly like a prince.

I glare at him, I have no interest in him anymore. But then I remember the promise I made to my father, to protect him, so I change my glare to a smile.

"Did you now?" I flirt, maintaining eye contact with him.

He clears his throat and I smirk, he's definitely feeling even more awkward now, which is perfect.

"Well, I would love to know you even more." I say. That was so gross.

"No you dont." He replies, his gaze remaining on me,  as if he's examining me, making me uncomfortable, so I change my position.

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"You don't like me princess, I can tell." He says, I want to slap him already, why can't he just play along?

"Vaffanculo" I mumble, but I'm cut off by my twin, who manages to catch up with us.
(T- fuck you)

"Who are you?" Asks dante, bringing his horse in front of me so that I can no longer see jack.

"He's no one, and he's leaving." I say, I'm not letting Jack introduce himself because then I have to talk to him, and I don't want to do that right now.

"I'm Jack, prince of England. Pleasure to meet you sir." Says Jack, nodding politely.

"Pleasure's all mine." Replies dante, "what did you want with my sister?"

"Just wanted to get to know this extraordinary woman before I marry her." He replies.

My twin exchanges looks with me, as if he's asking if I want to get out of here, so I nod.

"Great, well I think we'll be leaving." Says dante, motioning for me to go ahead.

After we leave Jack, we head back to the palace, "you okay? " He asks.

"Mhm" I hum. I don't even know how I feel right now, I don't know if I like him or if I despise him, so I guess fate can take it's course.