chapter 2

Belvedere

The double doors open revealing my daughter, her thick almond hair swaying behind her before falling neatly back onto her shoulders.

"Papa," Begins Alaila, kneeling down beside me, My eyes soften as I reach down and bring her up, ushering for her to sit beside me.

I cup my hands between my princesse's face and plant a kiss to her forehead.

"What's wrong papa?" She whispers, concern filling her eyes.

"I think you should marry him." I begin.

"Who?"

"The king's son."

Oh, okay." She says, making it harder for me to register what she's thinking.

"What's wrong?" I ask, I know there's something wrong, even if she won't say it, she will eventually.

"Nothing." She smiles, but her eyes look sad.

"Tell me mi amore, it's okay." I say softly, I just want her to be open with me, I want her to tell me her problems and everything she's stressing about.

She stares at me for a moment, as if she's debating something.

"You know, you have your mother's eyes." I praise.

"Really?" She beams, "what colour ate they?" She adds, widening her eyes into an adorable pout, making me laugh.

She frowns and turns away, "you're not gonna tell me what colour they are, are you?" She grumbles.

"Of course not." I reply, amusement lining my tone.

She leans into me and rests her head on my shoulders, "I love you papà." She mutters.

"I love you too amore." I reply, scratching her back, I know se loves it when we do that, so I carry on, enjoying my time with my daughter.

"I don't want to go papà, I want to spend more time with you and
Mamà." She whispers, "just give me a little longer, okay? I just need a few more years, then I'll be ready."

My heart breaks, "okay amore. You can take however long you need." I reassure, scratching her back.

She yawns and extends her arms, wrapping me into a hug, before saying good night and walking out the hall.

.

"Is there nothing else we can do? I'm not going to force her." I ask my advisor.

"I don't know sir, we can't do anything else unless she agrees to marry him now." He replies.

"She needs time, why won't they fucking marry him to someone else?"I yell, I just want to protect everyone, but I don't want to have to choose between my country or my daughter, and I'm afraid I'm going to have to choose my country.

"She's the only one the prince will take, he won't agree to anybody else, so the king wants alaila." He adds.

"Well tell the bastardo he won't be getting my daughter. She's not ready." I say, my blood boiling.
(T-bastard)

"You majesty- i-" he pauses, as if he's debating something, making me impatient.

"What is it?"

"If- if you don't give her to him in two months, they're going- going to kill her." He adds, why did he not start with that? Why did he make me think it would all be okay?

"Figlio di puttana!" I see the, my knuckles clenched, "leave my daughter alone!" I yell, my voice echoing throughout the hall.
(T- son of a bitch!"

I hear the doors open and my wife walks inside, just in time to hold me back from me punching the wall, "it's okay." She hums, her angelic voice vibrating through my heart, "we can figure it out."

I pause and look at her pleading eyes I adore her beautiful face, the lovat colour of her eyes, her sharp jawline, piercing straight through my heart is enough to leave me in a trance.

She wraps her arms around my neck and plants a kiss onto my lips, my heart melts as I fall into the sweet embrace of my beautiful wife, the citrus scent of her perfume filling my nose.

"You look beautiful today mia regina." I praise, glancing down at her dress, creamy white with beads laying the outlines of flowers, her Auburn hair resting on her shoulders.
(T- my queen)

She blushes and lays her head on my shoulder, planting a kiss on my neck.
"Where are the children?" She mumbles, burying her face into my shoulders.

"I don't know." I reply, placing her head back onto my shoulder.

"Hmm?" She hums, even after all these years I still feel so special when she shows me affection.

"I need to talk to you mi amore . About Laila." I start. Lifting her head from my chest.

"Of course, dimmi " she replies, sitting up.
(T- tell me)

"They're giving her two months, she has two months before they want us to hand her over." I begin, "but we're not going to do that, I'm not going to force her. "

Her eyebrows knit together, "what're we doing instead?

"They can do whatever they want to me, but I won't ever let them touch her or you." I say, kissing her forehead.