chapter 3

Alaila

I've always wanted to travel the world with izara, I suppose it's a silly dream, but I just enjoy spending time with my horse, especially when you know your horse also loves to spend time with you.

When I get back to the palace, I reach the stables, seeing stefano waiting patiently for me, he gives me a warm smile before helping me slide off my horse.

"you've been riding your horse all day, the sun's about to set, why don't you come inside and have something to eat?"

"I'm not hungry, mio fratello." I lie.
(T-my brother)

"Why not? You haven't eaten a thing since breakfast." He says, confusion filling his features.

"I did eat." I lie once again, "I had- I had fish before."

"Before when?" He asks, as though he can tell I'm lying.

"Just before okay! I had some food after breakfast, incazzare!" I yell, why can't he just leave me alone and let me ride my horse in peace! God he's so fucking frustrating.
(T- piss off)

He ruffles my hair, "okay tesoro, I'm going." He mumbles.
(T-treasure)

I frown and swat his hand away. He chuckles and ruffles my hair once more before running off.

I make my way to my room and grab my favourite book, making my way back outside onto the field, just in time for the sun to set.

I should've brought a blanket, it's so cold.

"Hey Angela what are you doing out here?" Asks Alfonzo sitting next to me. "Are you not cold?"
(T- angel)

"I forgot my jacket." I whine, "can I have yours? You look so cozy."

"Hell no!" He scoffs, lifting his jacket further up his shoulder.

"Fonzo!" I whine, hitting his arm, turning away from him furiously and continuing my book, if he won't give me his jacket, then I won't pay any attention to him.

"I'm joking angelo." he chuckles and shuffles closer to me, wrapping me into the warmth of his jacket. "I'm cold too so we can share." He replies, smiling at me.

"I'm cold toooo." I hear a voice say, so I look behind me to see my twin standing there. "Aww this is cute" He says snuggling into us, his fat arse hogging half the jacket.

"No, go away." I grumble "you're Stinking up the jacket." I push him away. "You fatty."

"It already stank long before I came" He replies, snuggling into us once more. "I'm skinnier than you." He replies, I don't know why those words hurt, I mean, I know I'm overweight, but those words just cut deep because my own twin said that to me.

"We can all use the jacket okay?" Says fonzo, wrapping the jacket around all three of us, I'm pretty sure we're stretching his jacket out but he hasn't said anything so I'm guessing he's okay with it.

Dante seems to have noticed my silence because he nudges me, regret forming in his eyes, "sorry."  He whispers, "I didn't mean it like that, I was just being defensive." He is always defensive, so I guess that makes sense.

"It's fine." I smile.

"Room for two more?"

All 3 of us turn our heads in sync and bang our heads together.

"Ow!" We groan in unison. Stefano and pietro begin laughing as they take off their jackets and sit next to us all. They put their jackets over all of us and soon we're all covered by three jackets.

The sun already went down a while ago, so we lie in the dark and watch the stars.

"Do you think this will last forever?" Asks dante.

"Of course it will." I say, "we're siblings, even if we hated each other we'd be together till the end."

"Ew, that was so cheesy Laila." Winces Pietro.

I shrug and whack his head. "Anyway dante even if something happens, I'll protect you." I say stoically.

"I'm your big brother, I should be the one to protect you, idiota" He defends.
(T- idiot)

"shut up, we're twins."

"Yeah, but I'm the older twin."

"Oh you're so funny." I mock. punching his arm.

I look over at fonzo who seems to have fallen asleep.

"Guys." I whisper. They sit up and turn to look at me as I point to fonzo. "I think we should all jump on top of him." I say, smiling innocently. " just a suggestion of course." I add, stifling my laughter.

"Yeah of course, just a suggestion." Whispers pietro. We all stand up and tower around fonzo.

"We look like a fucking cult." Whispers Pietro. I gasp and nudge his arm, "where did you learn such bad words?" I question, raising one eyebrow.

He ruffles my hair and shrugs in response. "I'm older than you sfacciata."
(T- cheeky)

Stefano does a countdown before we jump on top of him, hearing him make a muffled 'umph' sound makes us laugh even harder.

''gerrof you idiommphs'' he groans, we laugh a little more before getting off him.

"What was that for!" He shouts, irritated. Stefano Pats him on the back.

"it had to be done." Shrugs stefano.

Alfonzo begins glancing at us all, "who's idea was it then?"

I hold back my continuous giggles until he stops to look at me. "Was it you principessa?" He inquires, moving towards me.
(T- princess)

"Maybe." I mumble, attempting to hide my smile, before I can do anything he bolts forward and begins tickling me, "wai-wait!" I screech, pulling him off me, I feel a pin scratch along my back and blood trickle down my back, but decide to ignore it, I'm having fun, and I can't ruin it now.

"Well then, I'll give you 2 seconds to run." He chuckles, taking a step back. I hear the others erupt into laughter before bolting.

2 seconds later I hear quick footsteps behind me, not just one person, but four people. I gasp and look back "you traitors, you're supposed to be on my side!" I shout between giggles.

"You're so easy to trick." Laughs stefano, grabbing onto my shoulder and ruffling my hair.

"Gerroff, fratello you're ruining my hair!" I whine. He sighs and let's go of me, ruffling my hair once more.
(T- brother)

We begin walking back to the gates but pausing so I can grab my book, before making our way back inside.