Chapter 12: The Glenoids

A brewing rage swept through the lizard people known as Glenoids, for the Chestmians all knew that the ancient laws behind the walls had been broken. A few had been missing from their home and their lizard lord was much displeased.

Left protected and able to defend themselves due to the archaic tower, they were secure to the shifting of times. Nimmod stepped forward, a figure of regal might seated upon his gleaming white throne. His snout was elongated and noble, while his pauldrons and other trappings dazzled everyone present in the chamber. 

His black eyes glared out at everyone, and his rumbling voice echoed through the royal hall atop the city spire, "Some may believe that we're blinded by arrogance. Some don't believe we're deserving of a loftier status than others in Fonde. Some have left the safety of the old walls against our rule. 

However, I say we deserve a name and all who've abandoned us shall be punished!" Nimmod was as cool as the calmest sea, scanning the crowd with assurance. Nimmod's tan and bright green scales glistened in the torchlight and his sharp teeth shone from behind full lips, letting everyone know that he was serious.

 Nimmod's tan and bright green scales glistened in the torchlight and his sharp teeth shone from behind full lips, letting everyone know that he was serious

A youth stood beside Nimmod's throne and snarled, "We must not let our selfishness get in the way of freedom, father. You shouldn't dictate them." The crowd hadn't heard him."I will do what I must, Nimoa." Nimmod said sternly. 

"My people must learn to not abandon the ancient customs. Fonde SSique must give us, the Glenoids who have a greater insight a fair chance to rule." He added with a righteous glint in his eyes, "Why should we not be heard?"

Another lizard boy stood on the other side of Nimmod's throne, shorter than Nimoa. He gave an imposing flex of his bicep out of irritation, "Nimoa is right.""HUSH MORI," Nimmod scolded him.

An insidious grin tugged at the corner of Nimmod's mouth. "Let us mark them as wicked and dimwitted. They do not recognize by their decisions, how much mischief has been brought about. If any of the three return to this place, I shall have them executed."

Nimoa walked to Mori and they strode to a dark corner. "I know a secret way in and out of the city, Mori." 

"Are you suggesting that we run, abandon our scaled lizard brothers?""No Mori. I'm suggesting that we organize our efforts against father."

"You're suggesting a rebellion!" Mori exclaimed in a whisper, disbelief in his voice. "I would love to join a cause, not fight against father!" He peered around at the crowd of Glenoids seated and looking toward Nimmod, feeling the sting of truth from his older brother. 

"How do you expect me to support you in this revolution?"Nimoa took a deep breath and stepped forward, placing a hand on Mori's shoulder. "I have faith that you will stand with me. I see your heart. It tells you our father is wrong." He pulled his young brother to him, hugging Mori, who accepted it. He knew Nimmod was blind with rulership. "I will do what my heart says is right."