Chapter 16

I narrowed my eyes at Niall who had a slight grin on his face. I'm talking about the 'I just found out one of your secrets and now I'm going to reveal it' grins.

"What are you doing here? You're not supposed to be here," Nathan glared at his brother.

"I could ask you the same thing. Don't you have a pack to run?" Niall replied in the same tone.

"You didn't answer my question," Nathan's voice raised in anger.

"You left your pack to come see this girl—this witch!" Niall growled in anger and I frowned at the change of emotion in his eyes.

"Don't try to accuse me when you don't know the full story!" Nathan retorted with just as much anger.

"I think the story is pretty clear. Mother would be furious at you."

"Don't you dare bring her into this!" Nathan's voice became unrecognizable as he growled at Niall.

I watched the two brothers cautiously. They looked like they would rip each other's head off at any moment.

"Why the hell not?! She was killed by one of them!" Niall pointed an accusing finger at me.

I stepped away from the scene. Nathan's mother was killed by a witch? I couldn't believe my ears. I already met Nathan's mother.

"That doesn't have anything to do with Delilah! The past is the past," Nathan turned away from Niall and grabbed my hand as he walked away.

"It's only a matter of time before she turns against you Nathan!" Niall spoke with anger.

What the hell was he talking about?

I looked back just in time to see the hateful glare he was directing at me. I'm about to give him a piece of my mind when Nathan pulled me away by my forearm. He backed me against the wall and pushed my hair out of my face.

I was the first one to speak. "What was that all about? What did he mean about your mother's death?"

"It's hard to explain," Nathan sighed.

"I would like an explanation," I stared up at him.

He stared at me with an unreadable expression on his face, "I...can't tell you."

I frowned at him, "You can't tell me or you won't?"

"It's not that I wo—"

"You know what? Just forget it. Whenever you feel like telling me, I'll be around," I grumbled as I walked away from him.

I'm so sick and tired of everyone keeping me in the dark. If something is wrong and it's about me or someone that I care about, I deserve to know about it.

I could hear Nathan calling my name as I rounded the corner, bumping into someone in the process. I looked up to see Jade staring at me with a big smile on her face.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You need to see this!" she squealed in excitement, grabbing my hand and dragging me down the stairs.

I nearly tripped on my feet when she dragged me through the front door and towards the back of the mansion.

My face scrunched up in confusion when I saw a big crowd of people surrounding someone.

"What's going on?" I asked Jade as she pushed past the crowd of people to get to the front.

My question is answered when I see Christian fighting a very determined looking Jackson. They were both covered in sweat as they circled each other.