Chapter 4

Loud music woke me out of my slumber. I groaned as I slowly opened my eyes and tried to get adjusted to the brightness that was streaming through the windows. I paused for a moment as I recalled the events of last night. After giving a piece of my mind to Nathan, I had taken a much needed shower and jumped into bed, instantly falling asleep.

The music grew louder and I removed the covers off of me and sat up as I listened. An annoyed scowl came upon my face at the song that was playing.

"Nathan!" I yelled in rage.

The bathroom door suddenly opened and I snapped my head over to see Nathan dancing with a big smile on his face while singing along to the song.

"Hey there Delilah
What's it like in New York City
I'm a thousand miles away but girl
Tonight you look so pretty
Yes you do," Nathan sang as he sauntered towards me.

"Shut up!" I picked up a pillow and chucked it at him, but he caught it with ease.

"I'm only teasing," he chuckled as he went over to the stereo in the corner of the room and turned it off.

"I've had enough of that song. People wouldn't stop reminding me of it during my four years of high school," I scowled at him.

"Now, you have a lifetime to go."

"I will hurt you."

Nathan playfully smirked and said, "You won't do anything."

"Keep trying me and you'll see." The glare I sent him would have anyone cowering away in fear, but he just stood there, looking all handsome and unbothered. Ugh!

"There are things we need to discuss," Nathan's voice suddenly turned serious as he sat down next to me on the bed.

I crossed my legs and said, "Like?"

"Well, now that I have found you, you will need to be inducted to the Blood Moon pack as the new Luna."

"That's the name of your pack?"

Nathan nodded his head and responded, "Yes."

I paused as I contemplated what he said. I never got to experience being in a real pack. My parents created their own pack, but unfortunately I was the only one in it, being that I was their only child. They tried recruiting several members, but for whatever reason, people just wouldn't join. I didn't really care for packs anyways, but meeting Nathan has sure brought up lots of things that I wasn't ready for.

Being a Luna? I am not Luna material. I don't even know the first thing about ruling a pack.

"When will this induction happen?" I asked.

"It depends. I would have to mark you first," Nathan's gaze grew intense and I turned my head away from him.

"Oh."

"I don't want to rush you into anything. Besides there are things you have to learn before becoming Luna so there's no need to worry. Wait. Are you worried?" Nathan grew concerned as he placed a hand on my shoulder.

I turned my head back to him and tucked my hair behind my ears, "No. I'm not worried. I'm fearless."

He laughed, "Of course you are."

Memories of the day Nathan found me popped up into my head and I jumped off of the bed as I came to the realization.

"Fuck, my mom's car!" I shouted.