Chapter 23

My mouth dropped open in shock as I took a look at my surroundings. Cars were rushing to go home, people were walking and chatting, and then there was the famous Eiffel Tower. It was very huge than how it appeared in pictures. The entire tower was covered in bright, golden lights. I came to the sudden realization that I was in Paris, France.

Paris, France.

Those two words echo in my head as I tried to figure out why I was here. How did I even get here?!

One moment I was getting my ass handed to me by Lucy and then the next moment everything went misty and I appeared in flipping Paris. Almost as if I...teleported.

Teleported. I teleported to Paris? There's no other explanation for this. I must've teleported. But the question is how? I don't know a thing about teleporting. I don't even know how it happened and I don't know what caused it.

Everyone must be so confused as to how I disappeared into thin air. I wonder how they'll tell Nath—oh shït Nathan! He's probably freaking the hell out right now. I have to get in contact with him and let him know that I'm okay.

Without thinking, I walked up to the first person I saw, which was a young woman with platinum blonde hair and brown eyes.

"Excuse me. Do you have a phone I could use?" I asked frantically.

The woman watched me in confusion, "Qu'est-ce que tu dis?" she spoke.

I cocked my head to the side, thrown off by her response, "What?"

She continued speaking, "Je ne vous comprends pas."

"Fucking great. I freaking teleported to a foreign country where almost everybody speaks French. I don't speak nor understand French. I'm a Latina! I speak Spanish!" I rambled on to the woman as if she could understand me.

The wan just looked at me like I was a psycho, "Quel genre de langage fou est-ce?"

"You're of no help to me. I'm leaving. Have a good night," I growled as I walked away from the woman who was now yelling random words in French at me. I paid no attention to her and moved on to another person.

I stopped an old man, "Do you speak English?"

"Quelle?" The man responded.

"Never mind," I grumbled as I moved on to another person.

"Excuse me. Do you speak English?" I asked a young boy.

"Je ne parle pas aux étrangers," he screamed and ran away from me.

I sighed in anger, "Thanks for your help."

Does no one here speak even the tiniest bit of English? I was starting to get pissed off. I needed to get in contact with Nathan to explain what happened so I could get the hell out of here! Being surrounded by people who don't speak English in a foreign country with nowhere to go is not fun!

Suddenly, someone bumped into me. I looked up to see a handsome young man with beautiful shoulder length hair.

"Please tell me you speak English or are you like everyone else I've spoken to in the past five minutes," I grunted.

The man scratched the back of his head, "Je ne vous comprends pas, mais tu es trés belle."

Something in my mind suddenly clicked and I found myself understanding his words.

I don't understand you, but you're very beautiful.

"What the hell?" I mumbled to myself. I'm confused as to how I suddenly understood him when I don't even know French.