Chapter 21

"No!" I awoke with a loud scream as my body fell to the floor. I stayed there for a few seconds as I tried to catch my breath.

"Hey, you're okay. Everything's fine now," a soft voice reassured me.

I looked up at the source of the voice only to see Dante with a slightly worried expression on his face.

I looked down at my body, searching for any injuries and then looked back up at him with a puzzled expression on his face.

"What are you talking about? I'm...supposed to be dead," I whispered.

I felt the pain. The excruciating pain that I desperately wanted to go away. It all felt so real.

"No, you're not. It was just a simulation. None of it was ever real. You're fine now. You're safe," Dante reassured me. "Now come on," he held out his hand for me to grab.

I held onto his hand and he pulled me up. "Now let's get you out of here," he said as he carried me out.

Dante offered to walk me to my room, but I politely declined and he left after making sure I was fine. I knew I wasn't fine, though. What happened wasn't thrilling. It felt so real. All of it did. I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around the concept.

I didn't want to go through that again, but I know I'll have to eventually. Dante won't just let me do one simulation and be over with it. I'll have to do plenty if I want to learn how to control my powers and survive whatever battles I would be facing in the future.

"Stop stressing. None of it is real," my wolf reassured me.

I know that it's not real, but it's the fact that it felt so real is what's really bothering me.

I collapsed onto my bed, overwhelmed by everything that happened so far.

Nathan kidnapping me, his brother, my grandmother showing up out of nowhere, me being a witch and a werewolf, my vision, me fighting Christian, Crystal and her vision of the siren, and the simulations. It was all just...so overwhelming.

How did my life come to this? I remember when I used to party a lot. I was mischievous and did what what I wanted without a care in the world. Now everything has changed.

Then there was me and Nathan.

Every time I'm with him, I feel complete. I never thought I could feel something as good as that. And of course, I always have to ruin our moments together. I'm always yelling at him and arguing with him. Our relationship so far has been rocky and it's all because of me. Gosh, why do I have to be a bitch? I can just imagine how he feels about my constant mood changes.

I let out a loud sigh. Maybe I should go talk to him.

"Maybe? Girl, you need to talk to him," my wolf practically snarled at me.

"Like anyone was speaking to you," I growled.

"Technically I'm a part of you so yeah, you are speaking to me."

I rolled my eyes, but my wolf was right. I should go talk to him. I owe him an apology for all the things that I've done. It isn't fair for me to keep acting this way towards him.

I hightailed my behind out of the room and made my way towards Nathan's temporary office, hoping that he was in there. Being that he's an Alpha and all and he has business to take care of, my grandmother thought it would be nice of her to offer him an office temporarily.

A smile came upon my face when I caught a whiff of his lovely scent. Damn, he smells so good.

Not bothering to knock, I opened the door and entered his office. He was leaned back in his chair with his legs propped up on the desk. One arm was behind his head and the other held a phone to his ear. I found myself staring at his bulging muscles, which made my lower regions clench.