It's Still A Mystery

"Really?!" I shouted excitedly, evidently waking up the rest of the crew that had dozed off.

"Not necessarily." Max cut in, Nev glaring at him. My grin fell, turning into a grimace because I thought that for once, all of this bullshit researching would actually lead to something. Not that I'm not grateful for their help, but everything they get always leads to a dead end.

"Camila, your Catfish-"

"Okay, I'm sorry. Nev's just jumping to conclusions but we do have an idea on who she is. We just need to go further into this before we tell you." Max said, gritting his teeth at the end as he stared at Nev. I looked back and forth between them and solemnly shrugged.

"I know better than to get excited about this, but I'll be back early tomorrow." I say while I'm packing my things. We say our goodbyes.

On the way home, all I could think about was that I was finally going to know who she was. But what kept crossing my mind was how they figured it out, and why Max didn't want to tell me.

░░░

"Okay Camila, the reason why we didn't tell you who we thought-"

"Who you thought-" Max jumped in, staring at Nev with an unreadable expression.

"Okay, who I thought your Catfish was was because I had a skeptical partner who didn't believe in telling you such antics which I finally proved right." Nev said pointedly, staring back at Max who had his arms crossed, his face stoic and his jaw clenched.

I looked back and forth between them, wondering how my Catfish's identity could possibly push a riff between them.

"Okay, so for the rest of the morning I had to make up my own theories, because someone decided to fall asleep."

"It was two in the morning, Nev!"

"We've stayed up longer than that for a Catfish."

"This situation is different, Nev!" Everyone's eyes widened at Max's outburst. He hunched over and gripped his hair, letting out a frustrated sigh before standing up and excusing himself.

"This case is different, Nev, and you know that."

░░░

After a few hours of me trying to distract myself from the current situation, Max had come back from wherever he went thanks to a crewman who persuaded him to come back.

"I'm sorry." Max whispers, sitting back down where he was. I nod.

"Okay," Nev says, clapping his hands to attract everyone's attention, "so earlier today I had to use my handy man, Mr. Google, to search up Clara Jauregui. A few popped up, so I had to check into my special Catfish detective programs and searched up a Jauregui that had an eighteen year old daughter. Only one came up." He pauses, maybe for dramatic effect because the cameras were in fact rolling.

"There's a Clara Jauregui that lives in Miami, she lives about 20 minutes away from you." I gasp, and I'm about to jump in joy but I see their expressions and decide against it. There must be more news.

"So I went further into my mini investigation, and her daughter went to school with you at one point. But she was noticed by private schools who were looking for students who excelled in academics, so she went to another school."

"Do you think it's her?"

"Yes, I'm sure."

"Then what are we waiting for?" I say, a face-splitting grin etching onto my face.

"We're not done yet." I scrunch my eyebrows in confusion, but I nod to signal them to continue.

"Her daughter does, uhmm... travel around the world. She uhmm, doesn't stay at home much, she's hardly home." I frown.

"So, would you mind telling me her name?"

"Yeah, here comes the hard part." I frown again but they continue.

"Uhmm, Camila, how would you react if you knew that you were dating a superstar?"

________________________

SHIT IS ABOUT TO GO DOWN OMG

wow, so I updated.

BRUHHH THIS BOOK IS ABOUT TO HIT 20K! omfg you guys are the best!

That's probably it.

NO WAIT

MY BIRTHDAY WAS JUNE 17, I'M NOW OFFICIALLY 17 YAYAYAYAYYA

that's it, byeeeeeee!

~ InTheseWalls xo