But Now It's Different

Camila would like to say that she stopped the kiss but she couldn't, her lips felt like velvet against hers, and molded with hers perfectly. Lauren somehow managed to roll over on top of her and Camila wasn't complaining, of course not. One of Lauren's hands went to her hair and the other rested on her lower back, caressing her back softly which Camila accidentally moaned at.

Maybe that was what made Lauren pull back at the speed of light. She liked the sound of Camila's moan and wanted to hear it more often, but she felt that this was wrong. This moment felt wrong, like what they were doing was not allowed because God knows that any second now Camila could snap at her.

"Lauren, what–"

"I'm sorry, I think you should leave." Lauren says, abruptly leaving the bed and getting as far away from Camila as she possibly could in the large room.

"But isn't it late–"

"Camila, it's 4 in the afternoon, I think your mom and your friends are worried sick." Lauren says, a little venom in her tone. Camila stared at her in confusion, then in horror when she realized that she had been with Lauren since 3 p.m. yesterday afternoon.

"What the heck, Dinah is going to kill me. Okay, I'm going back to the hotel." She said, quickly gathering well, nothing since she actually didn't bring anything with her, she was just too frantic to realize that the only thing she brought with her was her phone. As expected, her phone had been blown up by Sinu, Dinah, Nev, and Max.

Camila sighed and looked at Lauren who was standing outside in the balcony, staring down at the city life. She wished to say goodbye but Lauren seemed to be really upset at something. She muttered a silent goodbye and left the hotel soon after, assessing the situation during her short walk back to her hotel.

Lauren barely heard what Camila said and looked down in longing, watching her girlfriend walk away.

"Towards anxious me? More like away from anxious me." She mutters solemnly.

░░░

"Okay, okay! I know that you were all worried sick, and that you were this close to a poly beatdown," Camila says, directing her attention to her best friend who was sulking in the corner, "but I was just with Lauren–"

"For about 12 hours."

"Well no, Max, I was actually only gone for 11 hours, and I wasn't doing anything stupid, we were only watching Netflix–"

"And chilling? Shit Mila, I can't believe this." Dinah says from the corner of the room. Camila looks at her and gives her a deadly glare, not knowing why she won't come to the rescue and defend her like she usually does.

"Actually, Camila, we need to talk about something. If you'll excuse us." Nev asks, pulling a confused Camila and Max along with him as they head to his and Max's shared room.

Once Nev makes sure that their sometimes pesky camera crew wasn't trailing after them to capture this important conversation, he turns around to be met with two confused people sitting on the bed.

"Uhm, what did we need to talk about?" Camila asks.

"Oh, actually, it's more like what you need to talk about, I can tell that something was troubling you while everyone was yelling at you." Nev says, sitting next to Max and staring at an anxious Camila who was biting on her lip like her life depended on it.

"Well Lauren and I really were just hanging out, but then Lauren kissed me and she ended it really quick, and I– I don't know." Camila says, looking down at the very interesting looking carpet, noticing that it had a fresh coffee stain on it, and she lowly chuckled, wondering how that got there.

"Oh, uhm, wow. That, sucks? I'm sorry, I don't really know how to assess this situation properly, this is definitely a new one," Nev says, looking nervously at Max who looks just as lost. They decide to just comfort Camila, "but we know that Lauren likes you, she probably just needs time to process things."

"Yeah, I mean– Camila, I mean this in the nicest way possible, and know that I love you; but to be honest, you've been a bit of a bitch to her–"

"Max!" Nev says, hitting his partner's shoulder roughly. He may not know how to assess the situation, but he did know that saying that Camila was being a bitch was not the way to fix it.

"No," Camila starts, rubbing her nose and sniffing, looking at the same coffee stain on the carpet, "I have been a bitch for the way that I'm treating her. But it's all just so confusing!" She says, standing up with a start and pacing around the room.

"Like, how am I supposed to react to this? I just figure out that my girlfriend is a superstar after five years of never knowing her name, and that alone should make me hate her. She's still the same girl that I fell in love with, but how could I possibly push all of this aside and be with her? I want to, I want to so badly, I just..." She trails off, noticing that Max's camcorder was on, which meant that the entire conversation was recorded. She sighs, running a hand through her disheveled hair.

"Camila, I'm sure she's confused too, why don't you guys go talk about it?" Max asks calmly, standing to where Camila was practically wearing a dent into the carpet. He grabbed her by the shoulders and sat her down between him and Nev.

"After that kiss? I doubt we'll be able to talk, I know from experience that talking after awkward kisses is hard." Camila says nonchalantly, picking at her nails. She then realizes that she just implied that they've kissed before.

"Oh yeah, we have that awkward kiss on video–" Max says, Nev hitting the back of his head, to which Max flinches at.

"Damn it, Max. You really just never know when to shut up, do you?" Nev says, glaring at his idiotic partner that he sadly calls his best friend.

"Wait, what?" A clueless Camila asks, looking at both men in confusion. Nev sighs and looks at Max who shrugs.

"Uhmm, so the other night when Lauren brought you back to your room, and you guys– well, she," Nev says, Camila wincing at what he said, "kissed you, Max and I were hungry so we were going to get some late dinner, or early breakfast if you will–"

"Nev." Camila says pointedly, urging him to continue.

"We might have accidentally gotten it on camera." Max sighs, bracing for impact, Nev as well. Once both men see that both notice that Camila hasn't hit either one of them, they open their eyes and see that Camila looks annoyed.

"Oh, God." She says as she rubs her face, her hands landing on her lap loudly.

"Okay, I'm going to sleep. We can talk later." She says, standing up and quickly leaving before they can protest.

On the short walk back to her room, Camila tries to assess her situation herself, and has come to the conclusion that she does love Lauren, but she just doesn't know where to go from there.

Once she's snuggled under her covers, and that the blinds and curtains were closed, she whispers to herself, "I love her, but I don't know her."

____________________

1,251 words

wow this is sorta short, and bland, and most definitely a filler, but this chapter was somewhat necessary.

Oh, and I believe that you guys are going to love the next chapter ;)

(That pic of nev and max is so cute aww)

Uhmm I believe that's it. I will be uploading the next chapter hopefully by Friday.

Love you, byeeeee

~ InTheseWalls xo