A Catfish's Remorse

"...For eternity, I decided at that time..." Lauren mumbles to herself, messily scribbling into her tattered lyrics notebook. She taps her pen against the wrinkled page in an attempt to attract some inspiration. Her manager said that she needed to finish writing her newest single in two days and she was only halfway through with it.

She looks through the pages that didn't have full songs on them to find some inspiration, and managed to find some random phrases, connecting them together to make a sloppy bridge that she would straighten out later.

Meanwhile, her hairdresser Nishan was trying to tame her hair, which was a struggle because she kept on moving. Lauren's used to someone being pestered by her when she's writing, she writes wherever she can write.

"Laurenza, stop moving your head or else I'm going to cut your hair in your sleep." Nishan threatens, knowing Lauren's strong hatred for cutting her hair. She pouts and complies, closing her journal and placing it on her makeup table so she couldn't get distracted. Tara, Lauren's make up artist, notices her kicked-puppy expression, and reprimands Nishan for joking about a matter she doesn't take lightly (Lauren cares deeply for her hair even if it may not seem so most of the time).

"You do realize her entire career counts on her to write her own songs? If she can't write her own songs, she'll probably end up singing bubblegum pop crap from some average song writers." Tara says to the hairdresser.

"Well I'm sorry, T-Boz wannabe. I can't have her hair not looking on fleek, then it would end up looking like that hideous pixie cut you call a fashionable haircut." He says, using the long end of his comb to flick at Tara's long blonde side bangs.

"Excuse you, T-Boz's hair is 'on fleek' you imbecile."

"Excuse yourself, Left-Eye was always on fleek."

"Guys, I have heard this conversation a million times!" Lauren interjects, irritated that her friends were fighting about TLC again. When they meekly apologized, Lauren smiled in triumph.

That is, until Taylor, her younger sister, cuts in, "Chili always looked good, you guys are crazy to think otherwise." Which sends Nishan and Tara into an argument with Taylor.

Lauren sighs, reaching for her journal. She flips to the page she was previously, adjusting the bridge she had just written, knowing that she would have enough time to fix it since Nishan has a habit of going on long rants about TLC.

"For eternity, I decided at that time. Whatever the future holds, I will open it with these hands..." Lauren said quietly, trying to see if it sounded okay.

"That sounds sweet, is it about Camila?" Taylor asks, teasing her older sister. Lauren blushes madly, her silence being the answer Taylor asked for.

As far as Taylor knew, as far as anybody knew, Lauren and Camila were the happiest couple there ever was. Some people do doubt that, but they knew that Lauren would mention them having problems if she wanted to.

To be truthful, Lauren and Camila haven't spoken in a few days. But she'll never bring it up because she doesn't want anyone to worry about her - you wouldn't believe how much people already worry about her.

"Lauren, you're wanted onstage."

"What?!" Nishan shouts at the unsuspecting worker. The worker jumps and leaves quickly. Nishan goes into a rant, saying that he didn't finish doing her hair. Meanwhile, Lauren brushed her hair and put it into a sloppy fishtail braid, silently leaving the room. When they see on the monitor hanging in the dressing room that Lauren took her hair into her own hands, Nishan nearly faints.

"It took me too long to do her hair, now she's ruined it!"

"Oh shut up, she looks great."

"Yeah, but she doesn't look on fleek."

░░░

"It was great having you here." The host says to Lauren, and she smiles even though she hadn't bothered to learn his name because it was too early to be polite to anybody. She bid him farewell and walked offstage, going back to her dressing where she saw Taylor holding her stuff for her. Together, they walked back to Lauren's car. Her driver greeted her, opening the back door for the two sisters.

As soon as they sat down, Taylor yawned loudly. "I'm so tired." She mumbled, laying her head on Lauren's lap so that she could try to get some sleep. Lauren brought her phone out, unlocking it and immediately going to the Tumblr app, checking to see if Camila has been online recently or if she received a message from her.

The latter didn't happen, but she did notice that Camila was online. She wanted to talk to her badly, but knew that it would be best to let Camila be. So she decided to exit the app and browse her Twitter feed.

Ever since her slip up in their last conversation, Lauren has been mad at herself for lying to Camila, the one girl she truly loved, the one girl she would most likely choose over her family and her fans. She doesn't like that she's lying to her, but who knows how Camila would react to her girlfriend being famous.

She could hate her for keeping a big secret from her, she could accept it, or she could use her as a step stool to the ladder of fame and fortune.

Lauren knows that only the first one would probably happen, but when Lauren's career started to launch, she feared the latter would come true, so she swore to herself that she would never tell Camila about who she really is.

But look what that's gotten her.

It makes her wonder why they started fighting in the first place, why Camila started becoming distant. She knew this would come up eventually, Camila is not a naïve girl that lets people step all over her. Lauren never suspected that she would start getting mad at her for reasons she couldn't see.

Why can't something good just stay good?

They were going perfectly fine, they interacted through Tumblr and people that were following them loved the pair. She thought Camila liked their situation. Lauren did. She thought that it was great that she had a girlfriend, it was also great that she didn't know who she really was. That way she knew that she had truly fallen for herself, not her fame and fortune. Apparently Camila wanted more than that. She wanted physical touches, warm embraces, butterfly kisses, staying in all day on a Sunday morning (Lauren wants these things too).

Lauren knew she couldn't give Camila these things, so she thought that it was best if Camila didn't know who she was.

Her phone vibrates, notifying that she had received a message on Tumblr. She races to check it, in hopes that it was Camila. Unfortunately it wasn't.

Even though she should've checked the other message, she sent a message to Camila.

Let's see how this turns out...

___________________

1,175 WORDS holy woah this is the longest chapter I've written for this book WOWIOWOWOWOWOW I'm so proud of myself :')

Sorry for the long wait, I did receive your messages telling me to hurry up and it did help me write this (not saying that I want you guys to [rudely] ask me to update because two of you did and I'm upset now) (sorry about the TLC talk guys)

HAHA SO NOW IT'S UP TO over 1,200+ bc of the author's note

Haha
Okay
I'll stop
Now

BYEEE

(Damn return button)
(Haha, Mirte, did you get that??)

OKAY BYE

~ InTheseWalls xo