Chapter 5: Stella

"What?" I say, still shocked.

"Are you deaf? I said be my assistant.
It benefits both of us. You get a place to stay, I get someone to organize my work, and clean my house." He says, visibly annoyed.

"Isn't that more of a maid than an assistant?" I raise an eye brow, taken aback to his slight change of emotion. From threatening to neutral.

"Well, the term personal assistant seemed better, and I'm sure you could do more than cleaning."

He continues to speak
"To live here in my mansion? People would die to get an offer like this."

He notices my gaze drop, once again to the rapier in his left hand.

He scoffs as he sees the hesitant expression on my face.
"Oh, for god's sake." He sheathed his rapier, putting it away, noticing it was making me feel uncomfortable.

"Do I look like that type of super villain to kill you? You've already proved to me that you're no harm. There is no reason for me to hurt you."

I took a moment to think, and before I knew it I gave him a slight nod.

"I'll give you a day to settle in, then you start work."

He goes to grab something.

By the time he came back I was already sat on his couch, staring at the ceiling. He throws a bottle of in my direction. It startles me but I catch it in time.

"Drink this. You've been out for 2 days. If this goes on for any longer you may collapse again."
He then takes a seat beside me.

"Bold of you to assume that I'll drink that thing. Who knows what kind of chemicals you put in there?"
I say, trying to be confident, but he doesn't seem convinced.

"You have got to be kidding me"
He mumbles under his breath, then says with an annoyed expression "Stop being so stubborn and just drink it. You're lucky I didn't stab you directly after knocking you out and leave you out there counting minutes before you die"

I sigh and accept the bottle from him for dehydration starts to kick in.
"If something happens to me; Rest assured, your actions will not go unpunished. You shall find yourself imprisoned." I savored each sip, sipping the water with slowness as I eye him up and down.

He clicks his tongue
"No one's destined for confinement today. I didn't poison it. You should even be thankful I'm sharing this with you."

I calm myself down with a deep breath "If I'm going to stay here, I'll need to know your name" I extend a hand for him to shake.

He shakes my hand "I'm giving you my name and only that. Got it?"
I nod.

"Quincy. Q for short." He says, not blinking once.

"I'm Stella." I reply.

"Do you know how to defend yourself, Stella?" He asks as his grip on my hand tightens.

"No, I don't." I sigh "I understand if you don't want me here anymore-"

"No, you stay. The agreement wasn't for you to be my personal guard. That tiny body of yours wouldn't protect me from nothing anyway." He cuts me off.

Though it may be true I can't help but scoff at his words.

"But we are at war after all.
I suggest you learn some basic self defense." He thinks for a bit then speaks up.

"I'll train you everyday in the morning. Is that alright with you?"

"Yeah. Thank you." I let go of his hand after what feels like an eternity.