♦Ëïght♦

The sun was already about to set......the calm climate and gentle breeze made the evening even more auspicious......The lively chatter from the courtyard could be distinctively heard by a particular person who was sat infront of a golden tainted mirror occasionally fixing her hair in the most relaxed manner which could also be refered to as bored......On the outside she seemed in no mood,uninterested and even more like someone who had been forced to dress up and they'd rather be somewhere else or doing something else other than preparing for this event but in the real sense she was more invested in this event more than anyone else ........

The brazier which was placed in a corner provided warmth to the rather cold room and the steam from the carefully prepared herbal tea that sat on the table near the mirror condensing giving the mirror a frosty look....she gently wiped the dew with her palm leaving behind messy trails of her slender fingers......

The chatters from outside grew louder attracting the attention of the Young Miss......

"Lady Zhen you surely will be the most beautiful"

"Yes Miss you will steal the spotlight during the whole event"

"Even the heartless fourth Prince won't be able to take his eyes off you....You are simply bewitching"

"Certainly you will have the limelight more than the host himself,You certainly must have been a goddess in your previous life"

The voices said worshipping Zhen who was in an elegant white dress with complex pink flower patterns that seemed to have taken alot of work to get it done.....her hair was styled into a traditional bun with numerous expensive gold pins holding it up,She wore golden jewelry.....her face was baked with exaggerated makeup that made her seem older for her age,she blinked her lashes as she feigned innocence...Just from her clothes you could tell she was a lady of a well known family...This were Zhen's minions who knew nothing than to flatter this white lotus day in day out......

Lazy bodies.......

"Don't say that someone may hear you and cause trouble for us"Zhen replied shyly to the last two comments pretending to be against what they were saying but not disagreeing.... This green bitch really knew how to play this game....

"Our Miss Zhen is just so modest.....you are a blessing to the entire capital....not only for your unmatched beauty but also talent.....I heard from a palace maid that His Majesty is going to announce a wedding alliance tonight at the event......Who else in the entire capital is worthy of being a princess consort other than the number one beauty in the capital and also the youngest female mage with four powerrings!?Its a privilege to serve you my lady"one of the senior servant praised.....

Zhen was still soaking in their praises when her mother approached dressed in a very thick red cotton hanfu that seemed to weigh pounds accompanied by some exaggerated jewelry......

She heard all that was said and she raised her chin up high as she walked gracefully towards the crowd that had surrounded her daughter.....as she approached,the group naturally dispersed only leaving the chosen few maids who would attend the banquet.....

"My daughter the carriage is here..... let's go now if we want to get there on time... "The mother urged as she pointed towards the grand carriage that was already awaiting them and the daughter nodded as they were helped on the carriage with some maids.......

                            ♣
Looking at the scene below I couldn't help but sneer coldly at the duo.... My eyes were locked on them until the carriage disappeared from my sight.....
Tonight I have prepared something for you I hope you enjoy........

I turn back and I sit back on my bed...... I was in no hurry to go and I patiently read some books as I waited for father to get back from his patrol soo that we may go together......