♦Têñ♦

I stare with indifference at the young ladies from noble families that were presented infront of the princes.The queue for the crown prince was longer than the rest of us.......The bashful look on the ladies as she fluttered their long lashes when the crown prince said something nice about them made me feel like spitting out the drink in my mouth......
I don't know how long this event will take..... I was already feeling bored to death....... it's better if I was still at the borders fighting than being in this ball......A maid refills my goblet and I down it at one go......

"Take it easy....... though you have a high alcohol tolerance you shouldn't be drinking like that"a low feminine voice says beside me and I turn to look at my sister who was also downing her goblet......

"You are not doing it any better princess" I guess she was the only woman that didn't act like a woman......My father dotes on her the most therefore he never told her what to do......he even let her decide the fate of her own marriage.......who does that...... anyway it has always been great with her around.....I love her challenging nature that makes her want to spar with me everytime we meet......

She gave me a hard glare as she unceremoniously places her goblet on the table with a loud thud getting the attention of the nobles who had come to bring their daughters to meet the princes.......

"Forget it......we better have some fun..... after all we are the only royals free"she said her glance set to the other royalties who had ladies from all over lined up to greet them.
Among all the royals Ye Xiwu (the princess) and me had the most unpleasant reputation..... therefore most people never dared approach us........a smirk forms on my lips as I raised my goblet to her and took a sip as she smiled and followed suit......
I look around everyone present and a anxious sigh escapes my lips......I wonder whats taking the king so long......
I tune everything off as I concentrate on enjoying the wine which is constantly filled in my goblet.....

"Arriving is the Great General of the imperial Kingdom, Lady......"the voice of the man-in-waiting brings me out of my own world as it echos through the entire hall as everyone anticipates the arrival of the Great General.......but why had he stopped.....
Murmurs erupt in the entire hall as everyone becomes curious of whoever it is that even the famous Master Chen doesn't recognize.......

"Arriving is the Great General of the Imperial Kingdom General Gu,The first Lady of the Gu manor Gu Xhen Yun and their entourage" the simple sentence throws the entire hall in anticipation......People had their own speculations about this lady and to say they are not good would be an understatement......I also had little impression of the Lady since I've never met...... I'm sure I wouldn't have heard about her if I was not present there when the General mentioned her.....I can only say about her weak self nothing more......
The double doors are pushed open by two guard stationed there and The General walks in hand in hand with a dazzling Lady......The whole banquet hall is silent as a majestic Lady in black walks in with an aura that commands attention...... everyone including ME seemed enchanted by the beauty walking through he red carpet like the Queen she is.......The crown prince is the first to react as he gets up from his seat to greet them......

"General"he said his eyes on the Lady beside him.....Unlike other Ladies who would be fluttered that the crown prince had taken the initiative to come down to greet them she was indifferent to him..... General Gu smiled as he gave a nod to acknowledge the prince....

"Your Highness,Yun this is the crown prince"his method of introduction seemed inappropriate......How can a Crown prince be introduced to a Lady!?and that lady seemed not to care she's Infront of the crown prince......who really is this first Lady of the Gu family......

"Your Highness forgive my sister's ignorance.....she has never been to such events and may not know how to react"out of nowhere a high pitched voice filled with arrogance and an air of 'a daughter of the General' rings throughout the entire hall as she made her way to the front,dressed in a resplendent dress.......

"It's fine"the crown prince was surely not happy with Yun's behavior but he swallowed his dissatisfaction and let it slide......

I stare intently at the seemingly familiar and still unfamiliar girl and as if sensing my gaze she turned her head and looked at me dead in the eye.....I think she thought so too because she furrowed her brows as if thinking then raised an eyebrow and with a simple shrug she turned to say something to the Crown prince......

"Your Highness.....I apologize for my ignorance but I hope you won't hold it against me...... I'm not feeling well and I cannot be standing for long due to an injury......If His Highness doesn't feel offended I'd like to take a seat"her voice is soft with no airs.....graceful and calm......she really is an interesting person.....
The Crown prince is delighted and without saying anything more he made a please gesture as he led her to her seat before turning around to his seat......

The General greets the remaining royals and proceeds to take his seat......My eyes are glued on her and for reasons I don't know why I find myself studying her beautiful face in detail......

"You seem enchanted"Xiwu's voice echos and this time I don't indulge her earning a scoff from her.......
I watch as she eats some berries without any care in the world ....her maid behind her fills her goblet as she downed it down....there are some obvious death glares sent her way but her calm demeanor makes it look as if it got nothing to do with her......

This woman....... There's more about her than what meets the eye........

~Därk Röyälë