1 | An Introduction

Hey everyone,

I'm Astoria E Greene. If we're friends on Discord you probably know me as Ella, and you might be familiar with my books here on Wattpad. But what a lot of you probably don't know about me is that I am also a former anchor/reporter and investigative journalist. In my real life, I'm a proud activist in my community and a strong believer in giving a voice to the voiceless. So that's what we're going to do here today.

beg  that you read this and share this. Share it everywhere. Ask questions in the comments. Talk about it with your friends. Find other sources– primary sources if you can (you can find real life footage from on is happening in Gaza on Tiktok or X (aka Twitter) and educate yourself and spread the word.

Understand that much of what is being circulated by popular news sources (especially Western sources) is propaganda, which is meant to skew your political perspective to certain way. That said, propaganda wouldn't be good propaganda if it was easily identifiable. So let's break it down from the root, and that's done by peeling back all the layers, and looking at the problem from the start.

First, it's important that you know about the history of Palestine, Israel, and what is currently known as the Gaza Strip. This will help you to better understand what happened on October 7th, in addition to understanding what is happening right now, and why it is everybody's problem. 

If you think this doesn't affect you, you are very wrong. Understand that as you are reading this, you are living through history. Consider where you want to be able to say you stood in this matter when it is still relevant 50 or 100 years from now, because it will be. The best way for you to not end up on the wrong side of history is to know what is happening in the world around you, and be able to form your own opinion on what YOU want to stand for based on the raw facts and knowledge you collect. I will be citing my sources, and I strongly encourage you to keep doing research on this on your own. There is no way to fit everything  into a single book (despite the title), though I seriously wish I could. All I can do is try with what little bit of platform I have.

So let's get into it.

With love,

Astoria 

[10.28.2023]