6 | What Can YOU do?

Hi friends,

Just as there is power in your voice, there is just as much power in your actions. Provided below are some actions you can take now to actively support the people of Palestine. Together, we can make a change. Be a part of something big, and do your part to help those who have been silenced. Remember— justice at is best is love correcting all which goes against love. And love will always be worth fighting for.

Astoria E Greene

[07 November 2023]

_____________

1 | Apply pressure for a Ceasefire now!

Go to ceasefiretoday.com link can be found in the comment section HERE

There are many ways you can make your voice heard with the links on this site. Provided here is the ability to Email Congress (usa) and demand a ceasefire. You can also Sign the Petition and Find Protests near you (a brief overview on protest safety will be provided at the bottom of this section). Also linked on this site are Phone Banks (virtual events you can participate in from home, next event is on Nov. 9th, check website for more) links to trusted donation funds, and ways you can support Doctors Without Borders.

2 | Call Your Member of Congress (USA)

Use Google to find out who the Congress member for your state is.

PLEASE NOTE: If your member of Congress is Cori Bush, Andre Carson, Pramila Jayapal, Barbara Lee, Summer Lee, Delia Ramirez, Rashida Tlaib, Jamaal Bowman, Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez. Ilhan Omar, Ayanna Pressley, Jonathan Jackson, Chuy Garcia, Nydia Velazquez, Bonnie Watson-Coleman, Greg Casar, Alma Adams, or Maxwell Frost — then please call to thank them! You can simply say that you are a constituent who wants to thank them for introducing and supporting this important Ceasefire Now resolution.

RECITE THIS SCRIPT [by Jewish Voice For Peace] -

"My name is {Your Name}. I am a constituent of {Representative's Name}. I am calling to ask that the Representative add their name to the Ceasefire Now resolution led by Representatives Cori Bush and Rashida Tlaib, regarding the unfolding crisis in Gaza.

It is absolutely urgent that the Representative demand a ceasefire, and that they call on Israel to allow humanitarian assistance into Gaza. The only way forward is addressing the root causes of violence: Israeli military occupation and apartheid, and ending U.S. complicity in this oppression."

3 | Support Boycotts, Divestments, and Sanctions

The main companies which Palestinian organizations have asked people to boycott are McDonalds, Starbucks, Disney. These companies are top donators to the Israel and the DF. The BDS movement also lists Dominos, Papa Johns, Pizza Hut, and Burger King as companies to boycott. These are the most important companies to boycott as this is targeted boycotting, meaning the collective effort to avoid these specific companies is more effective than having boycotting efforts being scattered amongst several businesses.

3 | Take Action with these Non-Profit Organizations

Jewish Voices for Peace

Palestinian Youth Movement

IfNotNow

(LINKS IN COMMENTS!)

4 | Continue to Spread Awareness and Stay Informed

Join the fight against misinformation by spreading this book and following current updates with what is happening in Gaza and the West Bank right now. Trusted sources will be listed below. Remember to always think critically and cross-reference when you can.

Al Jazeera News
Middle Eastern news source, based across Asia and the Pacific.

Reuters
World's largest multimedia news provider, ranked #2 most unbiased news source by PureVPN.

Associated Press (AP)
Largest and oldest 24-hour news agency in the US, and ranked #1 most unbiased news source by PureVPN.

5 | Social Medias to Follow
The individuals listed below are independent Palestinian journalists and photographers reporting live from Gaza right now. Show your support by sharing their stories and amplifying their voice.

Plestia Alaqad
Instagram : byplestia
Twitter : byplestia
Tiktok : byplestia

Motaz_Azaiza
Instagram : motaz_azaiza
Twitter : azaizamotaz9

Bisan Owda
Instagram : wizard_bisan1
Youtube : wizardbisan

_____________