Alone Time

Déja's POV

I hate my life.

That was a little dramatic. Okay perhaps a lot dramatic but it's not my fault when the world is exasperating. I'm about to start my second year at uni in a few months and I'm petrified. My classes for next year haven't been confirmed yet. I just had a huge fight with my mum and a man spilled his coffee on me so I had to go to my flat to change. Its a Thursday though so at least I get to go to my uncle's restaurant in Mayfair for a nice meal. Ooh I can already taste the wine.

"Hey Uncle T" I shut the door as the door bell rings. "Déja how ar- why the long face love" he smiles sympathetically as he leads me to the
kitchen. "Don't really want to talk about it to be honest". He gives me one of those customer service smiles as he says "Well brighten up we've got guests tonight"

I moan "I thought Thursdays were your slow days" I really don't feel like seeing people tonight; they've screwed me up enough today.

"Well tough luck these are special guests. I got a call from an assistant like two weeks ago saying a couple of footballers want to host a little get-together here before internationals." I still don't get why you're smiling though. "They're paying good money too to have the place to themselves" Ah. There it is.

"Well can I still my food before they get here. I was really looking forward to some alone time" I can barely finish my sentence before these guys burst in causing a scene. "I'm sorry love" my uncle says as I kiss goodbye to my solitude.

Jude's POV
"Jude we're going to be late" Jack calls out from the hotel's living room. I button my top as I grab my phone and get out of the room. "Would you relax our reservations not for another thirty minutes mate, we're just round the street" I say as I meet my friends Jack, reece and trent outside.

"I'm hungry though. Aren't you done?" Jack says as I roll my eyes "Sure let's go."

~At The Restaurant~

"Welcome to Tony's Place! We are delighted to have you. Can I get you seated?" The host greets us and leads us to a table at the back before the waiter comes to take our orders.

The boys are all having fun when I notice this girl by herself around the bar having dinner and glass of wine. I wonder what she's doing all alone. She is gorgeous though.

"....Jude Victor William Bellingham" Trent calls as he snaps his fingers across my face. "What.. What?" I exclaim. " You okay?"

"He's looking at the girl over there" Reece says as he makes his stupid caught-you-lacking face.

"Can you guys relax?" I say frustrated. "I was just wondering why she's all alone" I confirm.

"Sure you were" they sound unconvinced. To be honest I would be unconvinced. "Why don't you go say hi" Jack suggests as the waiter brings our appetisers and drinks.

"I should, shouldn't I? I mean just to make sure she's okay" I try to psyche myself up. "Oh yeah cause she clearly needs to be checked up on" Reece laughs in the distance as I make my way over to the bar.

Deja's POV
"Can I get another glass of red wine?"

"I'll cover that" This guy says as he comes to sit next to me.

"No thanks. That won't be necessary but thanks for offering"

"Are you sure? I would love to" He insists.

I sigh as my alone time dissappears even more into thin air "I'm not rejecting your offer out of politeness. The owner's my uncle" "Oh nice place then" He chuckles sheepishly. "Yeah thanks" I say as I go back to my evening.

There's a long silence. Seriously he just sits there staring.

"My name's Jude by the way. If you were wondering. Those are my friends across the room" He points to a table with three guys who are totally not creeping me out with their staring.

"So...is weirding people out a group activity for you guys?" He's confused at first but later catches on when he sees them. "Yeah different place every week"

I laugh "My name's Déja" I pause "If you were wondering"

"Ah a laugh, a joke and your name all in one. If I didn't know any better I'd say you just warmed up to me" He smiles. I can't lie he's not ugly.

"Don't get too comfortable its probably the wine talking." He laughs, "Are you always this snappy?" I scoff "If you disturb my quiet time do you expect me to roll a carpet for you just cause you're cute."

"So you think I'm cute?" He grins. "Maybe but I'm sure you think you are" I retort.

"Are you calling me conceited Déja?" He says leaning towards me. "No....I mean yes " I stutter. "You sound a bit nervous Déja" he presses on.

I gulp, "Why do you keep saying name?" I really should pull myself together here.

"I like it. It's a pretty name for a pretty girl" He compliments.

"I wish I could say the same. Jude's low-key boring." He smiles "And here I thought I was meant to be the conceited one."

I try to go back to my dinner before he says,"You ignore me but I know behind those beautiful eyes of yours you think I'm cute."

I groan as I drop my fork,"I don't know about cute but certainly a brave man for ruining my dinner."

He's laughing but it's really not funny. My food's getting colder faster than I can eat it.

"That reminds me. Why are you all alone?"He says ignoring me. "I was having a bad day and I usually come here on Thursdays just to piece my sanity together" I explain taking another sip of my wine.

"Would you care to tell me why"

"Why what?"

"The bad day"

"Oh yeah just um" I sigh. "I'm about to start my second year and preparing is really stressful That's all." He nods as he listens to me carefully.

"Have we met before? I feel like I've seen you before" I change the subject. "If I've met you before I definitely would have remembered" he says with a smirk.

"Real smooth Judas" I say as I roll my eyes. "It's Jude" he drops the smirk. "Same difference" I smile.

"But seriously though" I bring up my question again. "I play football" He replies. "I know I just wanted to see if you would be honest" I say truthfully. "My uncle mentioned it."

"Oh I guess I passed then" He says he orders a drink and settles into his seat. I look forward and see his friends "I think your friends are waiting for you."

"Oh yeah right" he laughs lazily and turns his attention back to me. "Is there any chance of me getting your number though" He says as he gets up. "As a prize for my honesty of course." He adds as I'm pretty sure he's staring into my soul.

"I refuse to reward the bare minimum of being a human being. Also, I hardly know you" I say as I pass on my plate and grab my bag. Damn it's been almost an hour. "You could if I got that number though." Why does he keep smiling like that.

"You can have my Instagram". He pauses for a moment, sighs and hands me his phone. "A stubborn one you are"

"Bye Joseph" I wave on my way out. "It's Jude" he calls out. 'Course it is.

Jude's POV
I walk back to our table to meet the guys eyeing me suspiciously.

"I really hope you got her number cause your food's ice cold" Reece says as him and Trent have a laugh.
"She gave me her Instagram which is something."

"I'm confused, you went there to check on her no?" Jack says with a smirk. "Laugh all you want. I think she's into me" I say proudly

"Okay Joseph" Trent says as the three of them erupt in laughter.

"Ha ha very funny" I roll my eyes as I try to salvage my dinner.