Your Phone Number

School's out and Déja couldn't be happier. It meant three months of unadulterated bliss without the need to worry because of some assignment that needs to be finished. She decided to celebrate with her mate Aaron at a quiet café near her home in Surrey steering away from the fuss of her noisy friends who were getting ready for a party later in the day.

"Could I get a small caramel frappuchino with whipped cream and a blueberry muffin?" The girl ordered first giving her friend some time to decide.

"And I'll have an americano with a ham and cheese sammy thank you" Aaron followed making his decision.

"Seriously? An americano....watered down bitter coffee. Hell of a celebration mate" She says sarcastically unsuccessfully stifling her laughter.

"Not all of us want to have milkshakes for breakfast D. Some of us are people of culture who would prefer the complexities of the co-" He gets cut off by Deja's very artificial yawn.

"You really are the life of the party aren't you?" She says as she takes a sip of her drink that the waiter dropped.

The pair continue having a laugh until the boy notices a certain someone at the corner of his eye.

"Oh my- that's Jude Bellingham." The boy says excitedly as the colour visibly drains from the young girl's face. It's not like they hadn't been getting along well, as a matter of fact, they got on like a house on fire. But this would be the second time they'd see in person since the bar and she didn't really want that to be in front of one of her friends. Especially considering the fact she hadn't mentioned him to anyone. By name anyway.

"Um okay wow" Déja says nervously for lack of a better word. She starts looking for a quick exit. "I think I need to use the bathroom." She rushes turning away quickly to leave.

"Fancy seeing you here? Are you running from me now Milton?"

The young girl internally curses as she turns to see her dumbstruck friend and a certain Jude Bellingham who couldn't wipe the smirk from his face if he tried.

"Heyyy" She waves sheepishly as she cautiously eyes him begging him not to make a scene in front of her already starstruck friend.

The footballer on the other hand chose to ignore her warnings.

"Hi. I'm Jude and you are?" He grins rather cheekily much to her disgust.

"Aaron. You know Déja?" The boy says rather incredulously looking between the pair of them particularly gauging his friend's reaction.

"Not as much as I'd like to" Jude says rather coyly as he stares at the girl. "I'm waiting for my friend to finish some errands he's running across the street. Could I stay with you guys?"

"Of course"

"Absolutely not"

"Why thank you." He says putting his hand on his chest over dramatically.

"Please if you could just take me now" She mutters under her breath looking upwards for any sort of help. Quite frankly, Jude was enjoying seeing her squirm for once.

Fairly entertained and understanding of their situation, Aaron decides to chip in, "So how long have you guys been seeing each other? "

Deja nearly chokes on her coffee "We're not seeing each other. In fact this is the second time we're seeing each other"

"Okay. Okay. Damn why are you so worked up?" Aaron asks before he reaches a moment of realisation. "Wait is he the mystery guy you were telling the girls about?"

Jude didn't think his smile could get any bigger, "You've been telling the girls."

Déja feels the colour rushing up her cheeks, "Pfft I didn't...well I wou- how did you even know that?"

"So it's true?" Jude says as his eyes light up.

"Okay Jude can I speak to you in private please" She says as she takes him to a secluded corner before he gets a chance to respond.

"Hi" he says once she lets go flashing a smile that would make her melt if she wasn't so flustered already.

"Don't hi me. Jude what are you doing here?"

"I missed you"

"You didn't even know I was here. What about the friend you're waiting for?"

"He can take all the time he wants"

"Okay fine whatever but at least move to another table." She groans.

"You look really pretty. I like your outfit"He says eyeing her up and down.

"Are you always this insufferable?" She shakes her head subtly moving her face away so he wouldn't see the flush on her cheeks.

"Do you know what's weird?" He ignores her comment, "I've known you for more than a month and I still don't have your number"

She stares at him blankly, "Yeah and for good reason too."

.........

"If I give it to you, would you leave?" At this point she would do anything to get him away from her friend. Plus they spoke on Instagram so it's not really that different.

"Sure. Why not? Although I have to say I received good information on that table" He says but when he notices she's unamused he just keeps quiet and just hands her his phone.

She puts her phone number in and hand him the phone, "There can you just-"

She's about to ask him to leave when a man walks in the store and places an arm around him.

"Are you ready to go? I see you made a friend. Hi its nice to meet you, I'm Toby" The man introduces himself.

Deja hits realisation and physically has to stop herself from screaming, "You're the friend he's been waiting for."

Jude bursts out laughing while Déja feels a headache starting to develop. Tobi on the other hand is incredibly confused, "Am I missing something here?"

Desperate for them to leave, Deja responds, "No, nothing at all. It's nice to meet you too. I'm Déja by the way."

Tobi looks at Jude, "Wait Déja, the same Déja that y-"

"Okay and that's my cue to leave" Jude quickly covers Toby's mouth before he gets the chance to embarass him and they both walk out of the café.

Déja laughs and breathes a sigh of relief as she returns to her table. Aaron  looks up from his phone laughing, "Thought you'd forgotten me by now. Left with starboy maybe."

"I have no idea who you're talking about" she huffs and takes a sip of her frappuchino that is now watered down,"If anything he's a rando who has a weird habit of ruining my food."

"Whatever you say mate" Aaron laughs deciding to drop the topic realising that the girl has probably been bothered enough for the day.